Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I expected it but somehow I'm still mad!!

Daisy_May
Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So in the next couple of days is my TOM and logically I knew I wouldn't lose and might even gain in the next few days. So why is it when I step on the scale this morning and I'm up a pound I felt like crying?? I knew it was going to happen but it's still killing me:sad:
The part that really sucks is I am SO close to my goal I want to hit before my vacation next week and now I feel like theres no way I'll make it becasue of stupid mother nature!
Sorry just a vent:mad:

Replies

• Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Don't stress. The flip side of not showing pound loss this week is that if you keep working hard, it might unexpectedly show up next week(post TOM). The water retention is so tricky. It might be hiding an actual lb loss.:flowerforyou:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    So in the next couple of days is my TOM and logically I knew I wouldn't lose and might even gain in the next few days. So why is it when I step on the scale this morning and I'm up a pound I felt like crying?? I knew it was going to happen but it's still killing me:sad:
    The part that really sucks is I am SO close to my goal I want to hit before my vacation next week and now I feel like theres no way I'll make it becasue of stupid mother nature!
    Sorry just a vent:mad:

uh oh, another dissatisified emotional scale reader. I have this new thing. For every minute I spend on the scale, I tack on another hour to my workout. Might sound like punishment, but in a secret way...its a motivational factor.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    I'm really bad for weighing myself everyday and think I might have to have my bf hid my scale until I'm finnished next week so I don't make myself cry everyday!
    I'm just going tokeep treking on, do my walks and drink tons of water and hopfully your right and it will fall off next week!
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    I know how you feel, the exact same thing happened to me this morning, although it's not my TOM. It's so hard for me not to get on the scale every day. I worry that i'm going to magically gain like 5 lbs in one week if i skip it.

Keep up the good work though, you're almost there!!!
  • msilmon
    msilmon Posts: 8
    I feel your pain. It is just about my TOM as well and boy do I get cranky! :angry: Since I am an emotional eater this makes me mess up just about every month!! I guess that just comes with being a woman!! And the water thing is so true!! You are probably just holding water and as soon as your hormones calm down, your weight will come down too!! :smile:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    I'm really bad for weighing myself everyday and think I might have to have my bf hid my scale until I'm finnished next week so I don't make myself cry everyday!
    I'm just going tokeep treking on, do my walks and drink tons of water and hopfully your right and it will fall off next week!

luckily for us, the batteries died in ours and we're fresh outta replacement batteries. No more late-night weigh-in sessions and saving money on batteries.
  • ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    ((((hugs)))) Keep in mind that there is a mental aspect to losing weight. If you start believing you won't lose, then you probably won't.
    I admit, I am a bit too obsessed with the scale and tape measure, but it has helped to try and understand my body a bit more.
    I actually lose weight at my TOM, but everyone is different. Good luck!

174431.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
This discussion has been closed.