Over 100 lbs to lose - Anyone else?

Options
Hi Everyone
I'm a month and a half into my weight loss journey. I have over 100 lbs to lose and I have kick started it off with 90 Day Challenge by Body By Vi. I am under no self delusion that this will be the answer to my weight loss problems. I have however lost 17 lbs so far and 8.5 inches. So happy with that :) I know big changes are needed in order for me to lose the weight. I do exercise on my treadmill and I am trying to eat better. I think something had just got to click in my brain, I have an addiction to food and it's a hard habit to break. But I'm just gonna keep on going and do what I can. Be happy about the successes and let go of the failures.

Janet :happy:
British Columbia, Canada

Replies

• syar
    syar Posts: 5
    Options
    I had over well 100 lbs to loose when I started, I am hoping to loose 98 lbs more, but I'm not sue about that as a fare number. I have in the past never been down that low. I would be happy with 70 more gone but will strive to reach my ultimate goal. I have heard of the body by vi, I have not tried it. I am doing Ideal Protein. It is working very well I have lost 45 lbs so far. I have not followed it 100%, but it is still working. I am also Gluten intolerant, so this program works well for me as most of their items are gluten free.
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've been about 245lbs since I was about 23 (now 38) and my ideal weight is apparently 140lbs, so got 100lbs to lose slowly. Have started to cut out the junk like crisps, biscuits, they're now the occasional treat as opposed to a daily event. Also trying to up my exercise, just Wii Fit/Just Dance and walking for the moment. I'm seeing this as a lifestyle change rather than a diet.
  • manda2980
    manda2980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I myself have well over 100lbs to lose. I have been a heavy individual my entire life and an emotional eater so I know all about what you are going through. But I think it was the birth of my son and the demise of my marriage that something really clicked for me that I needed to do something. I hired a trainer (I knew I could not do it alone) which was the best thing I ever did for myself, she is amazing. As well I started tracking what I was eating, I have tried Weight Watchers in the past and have had some luck but I did not see the same results as what I am doing now. I wish you luck on your journey and if you need a friend to vent or share your success with feel free to friend me. Good Luck !
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I still have a 127lbs left to lose. God, when I say it like that it makes me feel like I swallowed a person. Anyway, I have a lot left to go.. but we can all do this - we just have to keep making those good choices!
  • lletiscreen
    Options
    I have 80lbs to lose. In 6 years I have lost 55lbs (had a baby in that time). I am an emotional eater, and unfortunately it's not about making the right choices for me, because EVERYONE knows what to do in order to lose weight. I need self control in my life in every area.. my weight is the area that I can't hide. This is much more than making the right choices for me, it's an issue that goes beyond eating healthy and exercising. Depression is an anchor for me, and when nothing seems to go right, when goals that I have set out to do are short lived.. one thing that is ALWAYS there for me, on every corner, in my home, at work, EVERYWHERE!! is food. I am 39 years old and weigh 220lbs, with God at my side I WILL defeat this.. it does take time though and encouragement, and most of all LOVE.. yes!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE yourselves.
  • Bazzatron
    Options
    I have about 154 pounds to lose to get to my "ideal" weight,
    No idea on my progress because I just can't find scales that go up that high, even at the doctors.

Just started - man, I find myself constantly tired now, any tips?
  • sylviastaten
    Options
    I am jsut starting. I have well over 100 lbs to go and know it will be a very hard journey. I love food. I love cooking it, eating it, and serving it to friends and family. But lately, I have lost the enthusiasm for it. it has become a burden. I would love to get the joy back again. maybe if I loose the weight and learn a new way of cooking, I might get remotivated.
  • nottie79
    nottie79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have over 100lbs to lose. I woke up one morning and didn't recognize myself any more and that was it, I knew it was time for a change. I have always been an emotional eater with lots of excuses. Portion control has been big for me. I try and exercise 6 days a week, but I don't beat myself up if I don't get all my days in. Instead of putting myself down if I don't make my workout I just say tomorrow's a new day. Everyday I feel better than the day before! Good luck on your journey!
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - Maybe finding new recipes will re-ignite your love of cooking. I've spent hours online looking for "healthier" recipes, recipes that use fish/veg I've never cooked with before and recipes I can adapt.

Nottie - I have a problem with portion control too but you sound like you're doing really well with the exercising.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I have a grand total of 130 pounds to lose!! Please add me and we'll do this together!! : ))
  • destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose at least 120lbs. I would still be considered overweight, but I don't want to look sick, so I will have to see what I look like when I get there. Feel free to add me.
  • destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com for healtier recipes
  • tknnwatkins
    tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have lost 16 pounds doing MFP and exercising using Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, but I still need to lose 118 pounds to get to my goal. It goes one day at a time, but I truly feel I am worth it and will get this off this year (plus some). I don't want next January to come around again and me be thinking, "Man, I wish I had stuck with that!" It truly has been easy so far. I plan what I eat, I stick with the good foods I plan, I exercise and I lose!!

Today is Valentines Day and I have turned down Dunkin Donuts in the lounge (and I've had to go in there four times so far!!), an ice cream Sundae party in classrooms, and cupcakes. However, I really don't feel deprived. I've eaten for the past many years... that's why I look like this. I brought my own food today AND I'm making a special Weight Watcher mini cheesecake as my indulgence with my family tonight.

Feel free to friend me any of you because it takes all of us to support one another!! I also have a group formed for those of us who need to lose 100 pounds. Look for it and join...
  • tknnwatkins
    tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Search groups; we are...

100 + pounds...we CAN lose you!!
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and have about 120 still to go. I was a single mom for a number of years and remarried almost 4 years ago. My husband has never seen me as I still see myself - so I'm aiming to fix that!

11842605.png