starting over

Options
i have over 130lbs to lose and would like to be close to doing it before my daughter gets married next yr but at this time moving is very hard to do any one have some pointers to get some movement in on the way of eating right

Replies

• Mallorysmomma
    Options
    Although I am new to this site I am not new to the dieting thing...I have learned portion control. That is my biggest enemy. Hope that helps
  • ryansgrammy
    Options
    im learning to eat 6 small meals aday and that helps i find im not over eatting any longer and that is the first goal
  • eandrus
    eandrus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would recommend walking in your neighborhood first thing in the morning, even it if's just up and down the block one time until you can do more. If you dress for it as soon as you get up and just get out the door, it's easier to do on a daily basis. I struggle with this, too.
  • daphneyb83
    daphneyb83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started my quest to eating healthy last year, I came across a book/magazine called "The Eat Clean Diet" by Tosca Rena in Barnes & Nobles & I flicked through it, liked what I saw & purchased it. The thing I like the most about this is that it's not a quick fix. It's great information about food, what's good, what's bad & provides some good recipes. This book gives you the information to change your way of thinking about food. Even a year after I bought the book, I always refer back to it for reminders or specific information on various types of food.
    My personal Trainer is Bally Fitness also recomended a book on the Glycemic Index Diet, he advises that if you follow this you should lose 2lb per week.
  • ivyslocum
    Options
    I'm pretty new but my biggest hurdle was just honestly tracking what I was actually eating (not eating a hand full of chips and "forgetting" to log it).
    Then you can really see where your cuts need to happen.

Remember - keeping your blood sugars consistant will help you keep processing your calories (that 6 meals/ 3 meals and 3 snacks thing) and dinner is the least processed meal of the day. Try not to hit the heavy foods late.

Give yourself a day to relax, I'm not saying eat a weeks worth of calories in one day but its ok to go over sometimes.
    You are more likely to stick to it if you arent "suffering" and "missing out" all the time.

BUT MOST OF ALL: CONFIDENCE - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    and if you have a bad day or couple or week dont quit, just start fresh each day, or hour in some cases for me.