trying to lose weight

I am trying to lose weight fast, so I get frustrated when I dont see the numbers change on my scale so I get tempted to use fat burners or diet pills. I feel like that is the only way out at times. Any suggestions?

Replies

• leomakarov
    leomakarov Posts: 27 Member
    How "fast" is fast for you? how much do you weight now ? what exercises do you currently do ? what is your goal weight ? are you eating healthy ? :indifferent:

If you don't want to get to a hospital in a hurry, stop using all the crap out there such as the fat burners, etc.
  • My current weight is 145. I was going to the gym 5-6 days a week would be there for an 1 to 1hr-45mi,n I did see somewhat of a difference but would get discouraged cause I wasnt loosing weight when weigins came around. I cut back on eating red meats and focused more on eating chicken and salmon (since I really dont know about any other type fish)I I cut back on eating bread and tortillas but still ate them once in a while. For breakfast I would have shakes that consisted of half a banana, soy milk ,strawberries, and granola oats. So I got discouraged and stopped what I was doing cause I felt like I was getting a little to obsessed but now I feel 10x's worse cause I gained 8lbs and basically have to start from scratch.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Don't obsess over the numbers! Do you feel better? Do your clothes fit better? Are you eating healthier? These things count! If you only started recently, a few pounds is all you should expect!

You need to be sure you stay hydrated, as in water not soft drinks, and make sure you eat enough! You are exercising a lot. That requires quite a few calories to maintain!
  • Don't obsess over the numbers! Do you feel better? Do your clothes fit better? Are you eating healthier? These things count! If you only started recently, a few pounds is all you should expect!

You need to be sure you stay hydrated, as in water not soft drinks, and make sure you eat enough! You are exercising a lot. That requires quite a few calories to maintain!

since I am trying to get back into routine whats a good amount of time to start with to work my way up?
  • leomakarov
    leomakarov Posts: 27 Member
    Are you following your caloric input closely ? The most simple way to lose weight is: LESS calories than your daily requirement is. MFP, if set up correctly, does a pretty good job at it. Just follow that with your exercise program and you should start seeing weight loss. What are you expecting to lose per week ? what is your goal weight ?