Dancing the weight off??

Options
Is anyone else here also using dancing as a form of exercise? I love dancing, mostly line dances, any recommendations of what I can add to my playlist?

I usually do:
Copperhead Road
The Electric Slide
Wobble
Just Fine (go hard or go home)

Replies

• cschwall
    cschwall Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am doing Just Dance 2 on the Wii. It gives a great workout and I have been losing weight and toning as well. Lots of fun! I have lost 54 lbs!
  • secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    WOW!! That Is AWESOME!! I'm going to looking into investing in that.
  • Mera_Mera
    Options
    I'm trying Zumba...
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to dance, and I do it all the time and log it in as exercise.
    Why not HAVE FUN getting fit?:drinker:
  • WendyKing1974
    WendyKing1974 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've lost 141lbs using MFP and Zumba
  • alli4350
    Options
    I do Zumba and Just Dance on the Wii. I've lost 10 lbs since Christmas.
  • dancingjr
    Options
    one word ZUMBA
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    zumba is fun!
  • Kelra01
    Options
    Im doing Zumba on the Wii and also at the Gym, I like the fact it makes me feel great. I have lost a lot of my weight with that and also logging my foods. It made me more aware of what I was actually eating. That was and still is my hardest part of actually getting fit and back in to a healthy lifestyle. Good Luck!! :bigsmile:
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I love turning on some good music and shaking my groove thing!!!
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I use Zumba and just Dance for the Wii...tons of fun and they both work!!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I LOVE dancing! It's a great workout. I use Dance Dance Revolution, I take belly dance lessons, and will dance whenever there's music to dance to!
  • FlabulessFam
    Options
    I LOVE to dance!!!!! I dance in the kitchen by myself, with my daughters, anyone who will dance with me! I LOVE IT!! I love to dance to Katy Perry, LMFAO, Lady Gaga, etc. so that I can move my body. I am only at 9 lbs lost but that's only since January 9.. so I am good with that!!
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Dancing is such a great way to exercise!! I've been belly dancing for four years, and I LOVE it. I highly recommend it to any lady looking to get some fun movement in her life. Not only will you sweat while dancing, the movements are sultry and empowering, and you just feel plain great when you're done. It's a beautiful art that happens to double as exercise. :wink: As far as calorie burn, as with anything, it depends on how much you put into it. Just dancing alone won't shed the pounds, but it combined with watching your calorie intake can lead to great results. I also love DDR and Just Dance for the Wii. They really are a great workout. I hear line dancing is a good one, too. Anything that you enjoy doing that also burns calories is good in my book. So glad to hear that other people are dancing, no matter what kind. I've never found something that makes sweating as much fun as dancing. Good luck to you and keep dancing. It's good for body, mind, and spirit. :flowerforyou:
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It's not really dancing, but I do ballet conditioning/barre workouts. I've been seeing some good results so far, and the best part is that I actually look forward to working out! It's so much fun! :)
  • SFalconStorm
    SFalconStorm Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use dance for a cardio workout, either the just dance games or freeform with some music. Any continuous body movement that elevates your heart rate is cardio, so your imagination is the only limit. That's the best part about dancing.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I love dancing - such fun it hardly counts as exercise.
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! You don't really feel like you are exercising. Another good thing I have found is pull up Zumba on itunes and you will get tons of videos with different songs. I pick a new song every day and just shake my booty :)
  • jpoulsen2
    jpoulsen2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to go out dancing at least every other week. Depending on what you're into and where you live there are probably places to try salsa, tango, blues, swing, country line dancing, etc etc etc. It's a great, fun, social activity and is also awesome for burning calories (you don't realize how long you've been moving!). I play Just Dance on the wii too, and also do the Dancing with the Stars fitness DVD's, but the real deal is so much more fun!
  • cortreinhardt
    cortreinhardt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm doing zumba two on the wii! I absolutely love it: and man I'm sore!