Sports Bras

Options
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but anyone know of a good place (in Canada) that I can get a supportive sports bra in a large cup size but small band size? I am doing high intensity training and need something that actually holds me in but in the sizes that are S/M/L by the time I get one big enough in the cup the band and shoulders are too big and the places I've looked don't go up large enough in their sizes otherwise. I haven't been in to Lululemon and though I don't generally like to shop there I'm thinking that might be my best bet?

Replies

• Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK, but I recently got a really good 'Shock Absorber' running bra. i think shock absorber should be available in Canada. I have quite big boobs and its great for running and general high impact training.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK, but I recently got a really good 'Shock Absorber' running bra. i think shock absorber should be available in Canada. I have quite big boobs and its great for running and general high impact training.

I'm another one for shock absorbers.. and in the UK. They have options for level of exercise so that helps you choose. There are a few other threads around here also along this lines so you may find other advice relevant to topic.
  • HotKanye
    HotKanye Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I see that I can order them online so if I can't find one in real life I guess I'll take measurements and do it that way. Thanks for the recommend and I will also search for previous threads.
  • Calicot
    Calicot Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to check out Change Stores. I do believe there are stores in your area.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I've found some AWESOME and very supportive ones at Victoria's Secret (you can go online to look) and lululemon athletica. I've only bought in store at lululemon, but with Victoria's Secret, you can order online and if it doesn't fit, the provide you with a return shipping label. They have great customer service, and who knows boobs better than VS :)
  • HotKanye
    Options
    If you find one, let me know. I need one too.

Very funny Andy!
  • HotKanye
    Options
    Have you tried to check out Change Stores. I do believe there are stores in your area.

All of my bras are from change though unfortunately the stores are in Vancouver which is a ferry ride away. Last time I was there I wanted to get a sports bra but I needed an S4 and they didn't have it. The XS4 was too small (I'm not that tiny yet.) in the actual size and the S3 was too small in the cup though the rest fit right. I was bummed. I think I will have to check out Lululemon since the employee at Change actually recommended looking there. But I'm guessing it's going to cost a fortune.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I'm in the US, but I found Enell bras online, they advertised as Oprah's favorite. It works really well for me. I'm large busted but a small chest underneath, and this is the only sports bra that works for me. I now own 5 of them!
  • Nariel
    Nariel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Title Nine has a great selection of very supportive sports bras for all sizes. They are a bit spendy (usually $50 US or so) for a bra, but really good quality and actually supportive. The company is US based, but I would assume they would ship to Canada if they don't have a presence there already.
    359700.png
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine that had her boobs done ( 34a to 34d) recommended the under armour sports bras. i am a 36 DD. i have found were really great at keeping the girls in one place ;-)

they have several designs. mine are the racer back, no zipper. i really like them.

the only other one i really like, that keeps the girls in one place ( i do a lot of jumping!!!) is my nikeFIT dry. it's a racer back too.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Go to Figleaves.com they ship everywhere.

They sell Shock Absorber and Freya bras I have had good luck with (I am 36H/38G)
  • HotKanye
    Options
    I would prefer not to order online so that I can try on but thanks for the name brand suggestions. I'm 32H right now.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I do not think you can buy large cup size bras in any chain store in Canada. I wear 34HH, so I know how hard to shop for a sports bra with large cup size with a smaller band size.
    Your best bet is to look up small speciality lingerie boutiques in your city. Open the yellowpages, and start calling stores and ask them if they carry bras in your size or not.
    I think Victoria must be big enough city to have a store or two like that. Once you find a store that carrys your size, go and try on everything they have in your size.
    These type of stores also do bra fitting and can help you determinate your size if you are not sure.
  • HotKanye
    Options
    I do not think you can buy large cup size bras in any chain store in Canada. I wear 34HH, so I know how hard to shop for a sports bra with large cup size with a smaller band size.
    Your best bet is to look up small speciality lingerie boutiques in your city. Open the yellowpages, and start calling stores and ask them if they carry bras in your size or not.
    I think Victoria must be big enough city to have a store or two like that. Once you find a store that carrys your size, go and try on everything they have in your size.
    These type of stores also do bra fitting and can help you determinate your size if you are not sure.
    [/quote

We do have a store like that but I was hoping not to spend $100+ on a bra which is there price range. I think I will start with Lulu and if they don't have anything that will work I'll order from Linda's bra store online or maybe a running store? You definitely can't buy large cup sizes in any chain store though. La Senza only goes up to DD or E and the stores that carry higher tend to start carrying them at 36 or 38 band size. But I'm glad to hear you've been able to find something as it gives me hope. I have only looked at Old Navy and Superstore so far so I won't panic yet! Thanks for all the great input.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I would prefer not to order online so that I can try on but thanks for the name brand suggestions. I'm 32H right now.

Figleaves has really easy returns. So it isn't bad at all. And they ship fast. I think I have waited max 5 days and they ship from UK.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    We do have a store like that but I was hoping not to spend $100+ on a bra which is there price range. I think I will start with Lulu and if they don't have anything that will work I'll order from Linda's bra store online or maybe a running store? You definitely can't buy large cup sizes in any chain store though. La Senza only goes up to DD or E and the stores that carry higher tend to start carrying them at 36 or 38 band size. But I'm glad to hear you've been able to find something as it gives me hope. I have only looked at Old Navy and Superstore so far so I won't panic yet! Thanks for all the great input.
    I wear H or HH cup, so even the E cupsize in LaSensa won't help me out. However I didn't say buy the bras in the speciality stores, I wrote try them. Once you know exactly what you need in which sizes , there is ebay. ;)

On ebay many UK brands like panache, freya can be bought brand new the fraction of the price you would bay in a speciality store. I buy my shock absorber s, and enell etc on ebay. I buy my bras and sportsbars on ebay from the Uk, and I pay $30-40 for a bra that cost $100 in a lingerie boutique.

In Lulu the biggest cup sportsba is Tata Tamer DD cup, and stores barley ever have D or DD cup in stock in my experience. (Actually until last year the largest size was only D, the DD is a brand new size. )However here we only have 3 lulu stores here, and in BC I am sure you have more. You can order it online from the website, but again it is not goes to really big cupsize.

However, as you didn't specify your size, maybe you just meant D or DD when you meant large cupsize. Lulu bras are great ,and they are very fashionable. In large cupsize, it may not be enough support for running , but definitely sufficient for strength training, biking and other low impact exercises.
  • HotKanye
    Options
    I wear H or HH cup, so even the E cupsize in LaSensa won't help me out. However I didn't say buy the bras in the speciality stores, I wrote try them. Once you know exactly what you need in which sizes , there is ebay. ;)

On ebay many UK brands like panache, freya can be bought brand new the fraction of the price you would bay in a speciality store. I buy my shock absorber s, and enell etc on ebay. I buy my bras and sportsbars on ebay from the Uk, and I pay $30-40 for a bra that cost $100 in a lingerie boutique.

In Lulu the biggest cup sportsba is Tata Tamer DD cup, and stores barley ever have D or DD cup in stock in my experience. (Actually until last year the largest size was only D, the DD is a brand new size. )However here we only have 3 lulu stores here, and in BC I am sure you have more. You can order it online from the website, but again it is not goes to really big cupsize.

However, as you didn't specify your size, maybe you just meant D or DD when you meant large cupsize. Lulu bras are great ,and they are very fashionable. In large cupsize, it may not be enough support for running , but definitely sufficient for strength training, biking and other low impact exercises.

No, I am a 32H. Good suggestion to try on in the store and then order online. I think I will do that. That's weird about Lululemon because the employee at the Change store said she was the same bra size as me and buys hers from there. Maybe the sizing is different? Anyway, I will totally check out eBay, that's a really good idea I hadn't thought of.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm in the US, but I found Enell bras online, they advertised as Oprah's favorite. It works really well for me. I'm large busted but a small chest underneath, and this is the only sports bra that works for me. I now own 5 of them!

I am in the US and a size 36G in bras. Enell works well for me as well. I found that if I wear my regular bra under the sports bra I have even better support w/ all the extra bouncing going on in my workout classes LOL