Home Cooked Meal for V-Day

Options
mike_hill
mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
Need some ideas for dinner tonight. I have some time this afternoon where I can run to the store and prepare a meal for my wife as a surprise. I am moderately handy in the kitchen and am looking for some suggestions for dinner. Doesn't have to be super healthy, but probably won't be unhealthy either.

You can also share your meal plans if you are doing something similar tonight :)

Thanks!

Replies

• ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm making chicken parmesan tonight, with a nice salad and chocolate cupcake for dessert.

Butterfly a chicken breast, pound it lightly...then dip in flour, egg, and bread crum mixter (mixed with parmesan cheese).

Spray on both sides with Pam and bake for 25 minutes, add sauce and cheese bake and additional 5-10 minutes.
  • smbyrd13
    smbyrd13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    We're making Pioneer Woman's Cajun Chicken Pasta....wouldn't call this dish healthy...but it is so yummy! Just google it to find the recipe!
  • joyr1982
    joyr1982 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We are having chile colorado and spanish rice
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    steamed lobster is always a great choice! Add some scallops and a salad and you are good to go!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Basa fish fillets in garlic lemon butter and grilled peppers! Any white fish works though! I marinade the peppers in some olive oil and balsamic vinegar before I throw them on the grill, and they come off amazing...even with the butter and if you eat two whole peppers this meal comes in under 500 cal!
  • htowndeb
    Options
    That chicken parm sounds good! I was going to pick up a steak, but I think I like your idea better. With a salad it's somewhat healthy. I have blueberries in the fridge already, I just need some whip cream.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    My husband is grilling a new, juicy ribeye, baked potato and salad. Steak is always our go to meal for special occasions. Dessert will be the usual skinny cow.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Any kind of fish with salad and oven roasted potatoes (with a little olive oil and seasonings).
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    We're having turkey chili tonight. But I make the following pretty often and it makes a nice presentation for a "special" meal:

Pork Loin with Winter Vegetables

2 lb. pork loin
    1/2 lemon zest
    2tsp rosemary
    1 clove garlic - minced
    black pepper
    2 tblsp olive oil
    2 cups butternut squash 1-2" chunks
    2 cups carrots 1-2" chunks
    2 cups parsnips 1-2" chunks
    2 cups celery 1-2" chunks

Coat a baking pan lightly with some olive oil - rub off excess. Roll pork loin in mixture of remaining oil, lemon zest, rosemary and garlic. Place in center of pan. Arrange vegetables around pork loin. Bake at 450 for approx 45 minutes or until internal temp is 160-165. Set roast on cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Slice at a slight angle into servings about 3/4" thick.

Makes +/- 8 servings - 209 calories
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'll be preparing Cheddar Jack & Bacon Chicken. It's a shredded cheese and breadcrumb mix that you coat chicken with. (Kind of like shake and bake.)

We'll also be having salad with all the trimmings and baked potatoes.

And for dessert, I have apples and strawberries with chocolate fruit dip (it's my splurge for the day).

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
  • daphneyb83
    daphneyb83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fresh Filet of Sole Flounder - Create Marinade with 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil & Juice of 1 Lemon, Salt & Pepper. Marinade for 10-15 Mins before Cooking. Add a teaspoon of Olive Oil to the Pan, heat & add fish. cook on both sides for about 3 Mins. It's so delicious.
    Add salad or some fresh veg on the side. My BF asked for some sauce before he had tasted & I said taste it first & see what it needs & he was amazed by how good it tasted. It's very health too.
    You could make Sweet Potato wedges if you want to also, just cut into wedges & dribble oil over them on baking tray & put in oven on 350 for 30 mins.
  • KayeFN
    Options
    I am so going to make this Pork Loin recipe! Thanks!
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you've got to prep it all tonight then fish or shellfish is a great idea. Spaghetti alla vongole would be terrific. Or a shrimp risotto.

I've made melanzane alla parmigiana which mfp tells me is 285 cals in all. Also have a little home-made bread to go with that.
    And as it's Italian, I've made a light tiramisu with light mascapone, egg whites, splenda and vanilla with a few coffee and rum soaked boudoir biscuits. That's about 200 cals. I don't think he'll realise that it's a healthy meal and I shan't tell him. Not very romantic, calorie counting.
  • colleenob1
    colleenob1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Its just me and my little guys tonight & we're doing heart shaped pizza's made with pita bread, meat, mushrooms, pineapple & cheese.
    Cheesecake strawberries ( found the recipe on here ) & strawberry milk...
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    We always order in for dinner but for lunch I'm spreading a picnic blanket on the living room floor and we're having sandwiches cut into quarters filled with chicken, turkey, pepperoni, provolone, cheddar, lettuce, pickles, mayo, mustard and with a olive/toothpick. Salad wraps which is just salad ingredients like cucumber and carrot, shredded inside a romaine leaf with ranch to dip in. And dessert is just strawberries and blueberries with chocolate pudding to dip. Also going to make some fresh apple juice and add a little carbonated water to it.

Sprinkle some rose petals around, play some generic french music and light a few candles and that's romantic enough for me ^_^
  • mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great ideas all, I need to narrow down the choices and make a grocery list :)
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm making scallop stuffed shrimp, lemon risotto and roasted asparagus for my husband. Not exactly the most healthy thing in the world, but utterly delicious!

For dessert, a dark chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. I will probably cut these into squares and bring the rest into work tomorrow.
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My husband is grilling a new, juicy ribeye, baked potato and salad. Steak is always our go to meal for special occasions. Dessert will be the usual skinny cow.

Almost identical meal here! We are having filets, baked potato and spinach salad! Dessert is the left over wine from dinner ;)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Check out skinny taste.com great recipes and easy too. Happy V Day
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I don't exactly know my way around a kitchen too well, but my boyfriend and I decided to make homemade pizza together for the first time.