Cheap HRM... such a thing?

Options
I'm starting to think i might not be recording calories burnt accurately - between MFP over estimating and cardio equip being "generic" on its burn rates I'm thinking its time for a HRM.

Most people on here are quoting ones that cost circa £70 and I don't have that spare right now.

Is it possible to get one around the £20 mark that does near enough as well?

Just not sure if its a brand thing or that the expensive ones are actually worth that?

Ceff x

Replies

• KatBuz7
    KatBuz7 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the exchange rate is, but I got a wrist watch one at Wal Mart for $30... It works great for me :smile:
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i wish fitbit was cheaper too since its integrated with MFP
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Yes they expensive HRM's are worth it. You get what you pay for when it comes to an HRM. Go cheap and you'll get a crappy calorie estimation and it will prob. break early on.

Save up for a decent one would be my advice.
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    Was looking at the fit bit but it's just a pedometer really doesn't monitor heart rate :(
  • Driving_Miss_Daisy
    Options
    I am looking at the Polar ft40. It is about $120 on amazon. It is suppose to be one the best for an entry level HRM. Calorie counter is suppose to be really good, because it monitors your heart at rest so it can figure it out, somehow.