Just finished Day 1 of 30 Day Shred....

Options
And I feel like I'm going to die. I couldn't do half of the cardio because it felt like I was going to puke everywhere. Ugh :brokenheart:

I feel so discouraged.

Replies

• cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You and about everyone else's first time around. ;) Stick with it. It DOES get easier. The month will FLY BY!
  • smpaselk
    smpaselk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    so i just finished day 5 and i still cannot do a full 30 seconds of jumping jacks cause of my knees they hurt really bad and sound like rice crispies.. but im doing better with everything else on day 5 than i was on day one. I thought i was going to die and even today i feel like im gunna die but its getting better. Hard work pays off! Keep at it your doing great!
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I think days 1-3 were the hardest. By day 4 I was actually looking forward to the work. I'm on day 6 and haven't missed a day... It is getting more tolerable and I have noticed my endurance improving. It's still a hard workout, but my body is responding in a good way. It still hurts, but I appreciate it. Don't give up! You won't regret sticking with it.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 too. It does get easier. Just hang in there. At first I was doing the lower impact stuff- like the blond and now I can do more of the stuff like beyonces twin. Looking forward to level 2!
  • destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1 day 3. It will get easier. The jumping jacks get me. It seems like the 30 seconds take forever.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I did the full 30 days and on day 1, I felt the same... Now like 3 months later, I only actually feel like I'm getting a workout in if I do level 3, and I usually have to add something to it.
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said...stick with it! In no time, you will look back at level 1 and laugh at how easy it is for you :)
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above - stick with it! After day 1 I could barely walk but I'm on day 20 today! You'll be amazed at how quickly you adapt to it.
  • jcartwright2008
    jcartwright2008 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the DVD friday, I can't wait to start it. Apparently I'm glutten for punishment :tongue:
  • salmanajmal
    salmanajmal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i did day 1 of level 2. it gets better and better with time. just don give up
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I felt that way on Day one.. Day 7 I was incresing the weights and like Jillian said - had a huge change in my endurance. Level 2 on the other hand.... My back issues flare up after every work out making it impossible for me to do them to my fullest and discouraging me ;(
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    like everyone else said, it will get easier. i did the entire 30 days in 30 days in dec and i tell you level 3 was HARD! Like jillian says by days 5,6 and 7 you will notice a huge difference, you will! I noticed a huge difference!!! I still can't do push ups,lol... I am re doing the 30 ds and i am on day 2 again of level 1. it is so much easier this time around but still hard with certain moves. I still got sore this time too, nowhere as bad as the 1st time around but i feel it in my butt and shoulders!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Level 2 was unreal. Makes me want to stay back at Level 1 where it is safe!
  • lin7604
    Options
    i actually liked leve2 more. it's my favorite...
  • LBachynsky
    Options
    I just purchased this and have questions. I love love love my step class and instructor, but her class is only MWF. I needed something for the rest of the week. Would you recommend doing 30DS only 1-3 times a week?

Edit: Thought I should mention that I also purchased 6 Week 6 Pack and Yoga Meltdown for lower impact workouts that still burn calories.
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Stick with it... It gets so much easier! I've done it for 2 months now got heavier weights and really only do level 3 along with either cardio or P90x. When I first started I was SO sore and it even hurt to sit and pee (legs were killing lol) but you can do it and just start out slowly :) good luck :smile:
  • lin7604
    Options
    I just purchased this and have questions. I love love love my step class and instructor, but her class is only MWF. I needed something for the rest of the week. Would you recommend doing 30DS only 1-3 times a week?

Edit: Thought I should mention that I also purchased 6 Week 6 Pack and Yoga Meltdown for lower impact workouts that still burn calories.

i don't see why not. it good to keep moving no matter what you do. some do it every day for 30 days and others don't.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Haha. She does look like Beyonce!
  • monbeaucher
    monbeaucher Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Here I am 2 hours later and my legs are starting to feel like jello. I can to this!!! Thank you all
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey. Don't give up! We ALL felt like that the first day. Hell, I felt like that for the first WEEK! Keep going! I think I was on day 6 or 7 before I could actually get through the whole set of jumping jacks without having to stand there and just flap my arms around. :)

I'll be starting Level 3 in the next couple of days and I feel so much stronger. I can now do the entire 2 minutes of cardio without stopping for a break.

It WILL get better! Do the best you can. Each day it will get a little easier. Promise. :flowerforyou: