Bodymedia Fit/Gaining Weight/Help?

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm in need of some help here. I my body is sooooo confusing! Can I get some input from others who may have been in a similar situation? I have been trying to figure out why I cannot lose weight for YEARS now. Here is a bit about me that will hopefully address any questions.
1. I am a female, 6'0" tall, 195 pounds (was 180 in September)
2. For about 10 years I have worked out 5-7 days a week, combo of cardio (switching between intense and light etc.. used heart rate monitor) and resistance training I have also been going to personal training sessions for 6 months now. FINALLY gaining muscle because I'm eating more. I lift as heavy weights as possible.
3. For a year I did low carb with no weight loss, then I did a year of low calorie (900-1200) I lost 10 pounds (probably of pure muscle.. so stupid) and then stalled for 5 months before going off the deep end. I increased my calories to about 1600 and gained back those 10 pounds (probably in water/fat.. sigh) (so 4-5 months of eating around 1600 calories)
4. My body then decided to go nuts and I got hungry. I have been eating around 2200 trying to see if I can at least stop the weight gain, and I have gained about 2 pounds a week for 3 weeks now. Though on a good note, my hair and nails have started growing, and my husband says I've been soo much less crabby (sorry honey!)
5. I got fed up with the gain and the guessing so I got a bodymedia fit 2 weeks ago.. and that really really surprised me at just how many calories i have been burning!! On days when I do a lot of moving around I burn up to 3800 calories (days when I both clean and go the gym) and then days like yesterday when I just kind of shuffled around I burned 2800. I average 3100 calories. Hot damn, that's a nice metabolism I have ;)

So, this is getting long. I started eating more about 4 months ago, you'd think the weight gain would stop? So I guess this leaves me asking, is my bodymedia wrong? I am afraid to eat more than I have been (2300) because when I do that It seems to make me gain like no ones business. I did get my thyroid checked and that seems healthy.

Thoughts? Other experiences with this sort of thing?? Ahhhhh soo maddening! Am I possibly exercising too much? Eating too much?

THANKS so much in advance for any and all help.
Mel

Replies

• melsie20
    Options
    Hrmm, self bump.. hopefully I'll pick up some after lunch forum surfers. I also wanted to add, no I'm not losing inches either.. pants are getting tight.. so frustrated.
  • Cwoodville
    Cwoodville Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had the bodymedia for a few weeks and have also GAINED weight even though I have tons of extra calories every week.
  • JhKd
    JhKd Posts: 20
    Options
    Sorry, not much help as far as suggestions for you personally, but my weight loss has tracked almost perfectly with the numbers I'm getting on my Bodymedia Fit.

Are you sure you're tracking your intake calories accurately? Only other suggestion might be to go to a doctor and get your thyroid function checked. My wife was on a plateau for a long time, and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Finally started losing again now that she's taking some medicine.
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are measuring everything you consume - all the hidden calories, everything? I mean with a kitchen scale and measuring cups - no guesstimating.

I just posted on another thread yesterday comparing BMF to the fitbit that my body media (and my wife's too) have come in a lot more accurate that I would have guessed. That would be over 14 and 28 day checks.
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I got my bodymedia band so that I would know my real tdee. I also was trying to use it in conjunction with the whole "eat more to lose more" theory that is prevalent here and has worked for so many. But at the end of the day I only seem to lose weigh if I restrict my calories between 1200-1400. I was maintaining eating my bmr and sometimes gaining if I ate my tdee minus say 500 calories. My body has just always been funny that way and losing weight takes a lot of consistent effort for long periods of time for me. I think ultimately you will find what works for you. Hopefully you will get some advice that you haven't maybe yet tried. Good luck!!
  • mariesa00
    mariesa00 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've gained 10 lbs since using BodyMedia back in January. It kind of hit me last night as I was looking over myfitnesspal's report of my weight that I have only gained weight by using the armband. I got fed up and decided to stop using it for a while. I am using myfitnesspal's calorie recommendation for my body for a month to compare results and will post back here.