former cardio queens... how did you find the motivation for

Options
I know, a million dollar question.
I'm a cardio addicted, positively speaking. I need to run my kms. I like it itself, endorphins, mood effects and the kcals burned as well, which provide me extra guilty free foods.

I'm muscular weak. I do not have the possibility to train my muscle out of a gym (and free!!) unlike my cheap running sessions...
For other only cardio lovers...how did u started your strenght training? what does motivate you?

Replies

• Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My friends call me cardio junkie haha hmmm what motivates me?? I look around the gym and see these girls with Awesome toned arms! I want that definition! I do my weights first and get it out of the way and then do the cardio!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Why don't you have the ability to train outside the home? Surely there's some heavy stuff around the house. Start lifting it.

Walmart has super cheap dumbbells. Park them by the couch and do some reps at night. If you're already skinny, you'll see muscle definition in your arms in no time.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I love to run but I'm not as big of a fan of strength training. I do it b/c I know it's good for me though. I've been doing some Jillian Michaels dvds and I just started P90X a week ago. I'm really liking the P90X for strength training--and I loved the plyometrics dvd. The P90X yoga was torture for me though and I don't think I will do it again.
  • hootinowl
    Options
    start with some core training, using low weights and more reps. It's easier to introduce things like planks, ball work, medicine balls, and then work up to using more weight. That way you can incorporate them in and do it at home. I have an ab roller at home, weights, fitness ball ( I do a lot of core training with that). I use the fitness ball to do body saws, planks, pikes, triple threats, and tons of stuff! I'm always happy to share home exercises if you want more detail :)

Do you have a used sporting goods store near by? You could probably pick up some free weights there.