Reaching calorie goal troubles!

Options
Hey guys, I have been told to get more calories in my diet, I find it very difficult reaching 1800 calories a day! I don't eat anything with preservatives (except bread and special K) and I try to get more calories but I am stuffed from all the protein and fiber I eat. Do you know of any dense calorie healthy food other then Avacados(lots of fat)?

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    What about some cottage cheese? High in protein, and since you need to make calories fat too! Try adding nut butters into your diet, they are full of good fats, so they are a little more calorie dense. Try some full fat dairy to build up your calories. I could only wish to have your problem! ;)
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Almonds and Peanut Butter or a glass of Milk
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Yeah I eat a lot of almonds and the occasional peanut/almond butter for breakfast. I tend to go over my fat but not my saturated fat so i'm not too worried and I eat low carb because I am pre diabetic. So adding a lot of carbs is a problem too! everything I eat is home made without added salt and calories. I was told by my trainer that he has never heard of someone my size having this problem! haha
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    Someone else said cottage cheese, but normal cheese as well. Things like feta go really nicely on salads, cheddar melted onto chicken/steak/whatever, halloumi is just yummy (in my opinion!). I'm not sure how much impact it would have on you being pre-diabetic though.

Nuts are definitely good. I did have a sesame/almond fudge type recipe that was pretty good, I'll see if I can dig it up. Loads of healthy fats but quite calorie-dense.