I can finally get an HRM!

Options

Replies

• Seamoan87
    Options

Note: The Polar UpLink feature requires a Windows PC with a sound card and loudspeakers or headphones.

The Polar RS100 heart rate monitor is quite well equiped with features, given that it is an entry level heart rate monitor in Polar's running series.

Whoa whoa, is it important to have a computer? I have Windows laptop and all but what is this feature for?
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to figure out which HRM to get as well. Reading many reviews. Some say Polar others Timex Ironman.
    Both Mfg seem to have pros and cons. Good stories, bad stories.

Anyone ever have the Timex Ironman. I'm leaning that way because you can replace the battery, where as, Polar you need to send it in for replacement. I read where many just buy a new polar rather than send them back.

The reason you send it out is because it's water proof and if you do it yourself you might not seal the back of the unit correctly and they also service the unit....

Eyebrow raise?! I have had three Polars (upgrade as I find new wants and needs) and I've replaced my battery on my own no problem....
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options

Note: The Polar UpLink feature requires a Windows PC with a sound card and loudspeakers or headphones.

The Polar RS100 heart rate monitor is quite well equiped with features, given that it is an entry level heart rate monitor in Polar's running series.

Whoa whoa, is it important to have a computer? I have Windows laptop and all but what is this feature for?

LOL, it lets you change the logo on the watch and upload your workout to the Polar website as far as i know, i never played with that feature to much.....
  • MHunte
    Options
    I have been trying to figure out which HRM to get as well. Reading many reviews. Some say Polar others Timex Ironman.

Anyone ever have the Timex Ironman. I'm leaning that way because you can replace the battery, where as, Polar you need to send it in for replacement. I read where many just buy a new polar rather than send them back.

The reason you send it out is because it's water proof and if you do it yourself you might not seal the back of the unit correctly and they also service the unit....

Eyebrow raise?! I have had three Polars (upgrade as I find new wants and needs) and I've replaced my battery on my own no problem....

Well i just read the directions and follow them, my manual said to take to a dealer, am not going to void any warranty.... sorry.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 from amazon and :heart: it. :smile:
  • Seamoan87
    Options

LOL, it lets you change the logo on the watch and upload your workout to the Polar website as far as i know, i never played with that feature to much.....

Haha ok ok good. For the most part, I mainly need to know how many calories I'm burning so I can keep track of how many I eat. I'm a little bit concerned about MFP's calculations on here for some works outs.
  • MHunte
    Options

Haha ok ok good. For the most part, I mainly need to know how many calories I'm burning so I can keep track of how many I eat. I'm a little bit concerned about MFP's calculations on here for some works outs.

I agree and even the gym equipment is way off.... i was burning way more than what the TM said at the gym. it's better ones but they have the foot pod for gps tracking for distance and speed thats more advance and for outdoor runners.
  • annieheavrin
    Options
    I have the Timex Ironman and it's AMAZING! So easy to use and it's pretty accurate for the calorie readings! I think I paid about $70 from Amazon! :) I have used other HRM but this one is just absolutely perfect!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

Well i just read the directions and follow them, my manual said to take to a dealer, am not going to void any warranty.... sorry.

-=Shrugs=-

To each their own, I guess.
  • Seamoan87
    Options

I agree and even the gym equipment is way off.... i was burning way more than what the TM said at the gym. it's better ones but they have the foot pod for gps tracking for distance and speed thats more advance and for outdoor runners.

Yeah, also during my aerobics I have two teachers who teach the class and since it's twice a week, each one teaches once a during the week. The older one is more low intensity and does fewer moves. The other picks it up, throws all kinds of crazy moves in and makes me sweat. Haha I know there is a difference in calories burned with that
  • trouthunterz
    Options
    I have the ironman and I have had no problems, it is easy to use and I would buy it again.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    HRMs you get what you pay for.. I love my Polar FT7
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I got the polar ft4 yesterday and just finished doing 30DS with it. I love it, my grandma got it for me for my birthday from atmosphere for 139 before tax.
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about getting the fitbit instead of a hrm.
  • Seamoan87
    Options
    From what majority rules says, it looks like Polar is it. For everyone who uses Polar is it simple to use? It seems like there is a lot to the RS100 that was mentioned.
  • Seamoan87
    Options
    I am thinking about getting the fitbit instead of a hrm.

What's that?
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    polar ft7 less than $90 from heartratemonitors.com
  • ericdeken
    ericdeken Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7. Got it online at bestbuy.com. $99 plus tax. Well worth it! :)
  • MHunte
    Options
    It's better to try to stay in a zone if your main goal is to burn fat and lose weight with the RS100 you can grow into it and not need to up grade unless you want to start gps tracking for outside runs. The best feature to me on the RS100 is that it has what is called "Own Zone" it will set your high and low heart rate based on your recovery, stress time of day outside temp altitude and more...... every day you mught have a differnt level some high some low but its is so you dont over train or under train.

The Energy Efficient or Recovery Zone - 60% to 70%.

Training within this zone develops basic endurance and aerobic capacity. All easy recovery running should be completed at a maximum of 70%. Another advantage to running in this zone is that while you are happily fat burning you may lose weight and you will be allowing your muscles to re-energise with glycogen, which has been expended during those faster paced workouts. the RS100 also knows and displays what percentage of calories from fat you have burnt...
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Timely thread! I was just starting to look at HRM's today (for when the tax check arrives ;) )