How can I overpower my brain's want for food?

Options
I hate it but its like my brain constantly tells me I'm hungry. I can be full and my brain will be like "Just a little more" and sometimes its hard to ignore. How do I stop it?

Replies

• michellebd1980
    Options
    In my humble opinion, keep yourself distracted! If you need to eat some more, make sure you get a little more exercise in so you're burning off what you eat. Hope that helps!
  • jcnuebel
    Options
    I drink water when I feel hungry and I know I shouldn't be. I'm not a huge water drinker, but I find it does help curb the appetite. Good luck!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Try to keep food away from you and out of site. Pretend your kitchen is a restaurant if needed and think that it's only open during certain times.

I was like that too and what I found worked best for me was to have a lot of mini meals. When I'm at work I have premeasured and counted containers of sunflower seeds and things like blueberries that I will nibble on throughout the day.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Eat more vegetables. They are low in calories ( especially celery, carrots, cucumber, peppers, etc ) and you will find they aren't " craveable ".

Your brain will get on board!