Newbee

Options
Hi my name is Nancy. I have quit smoking and I need to lose some weight. Hope to meet new friends . I would love to lose 35 pounds . I am 46 years old. I am really bad about falling off the wagon. Would someone like to be my diet pal?

Replies

• ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi there Nancy

I am a newbie too ..just joined here tonite :flowerforyou: My name is Chellie (37) from Ireland .. I've lost 12 lbs so far but another 33lbs to go

I sent you a FR if you want a buddy :wink:
  • gapeaches
    gapeaches Posts: 16
    Options
    Awsome! WTG on weight lose. Sounds like you are already on a roll. I have been out of work for 6 weeks due to neck surery and also had to quit smoking. So needless to say i have gained 12 pounds since then. Can you give me any advise to get me started. I need to be more wise on what i choose to eat ! Nancy
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Nancy!!

Welcome to MFP!

It's easy to fall off the bandwagon....but as long as you pick yourself up and get right back into it, then that means progress.

Good luck to you!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I do. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • lfdez
    lfdez Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I am new tonight, I am nervous, excited and looking for the best support I can get. I am a 35 years old mother of 3 who wants to loose 50ish pounds. That is a very scary number. I weighed myself tonight to start this and my jaw hit the floor when I saw the number. I guess we all have to start somewhere.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Welcome to everybody!! :drinker: And Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Hi I am new tonight, I am nervous, excited and looking for the best support I can get. I am a 35 years old mother of 3 who wants to loose 50ish pounds. That is a very scary number. I weighed myself tonight to start this and my jaw hit the floor when I saw the number. I guess we all have to start somewhere.

I can remember a time when i was horrified to step on the scale...but then,as the weight started falling off , i couldn't wait to step on the thing:happy: Good Luck to you...you CAN do it:flowerforyou:
  • gapeaches
    Options
    Thanks. I see you have been on here awhile any advise or ideas would be wonderfull. Not real good at this site but working on it. Nancy
  • gapeaches
    Options
    Hi! This is my second day and i am loving it!
  • gapeaches
    Options
    HI Nice to meet you! I am irish! Maiden name is McMahon. Second day on here. So far its been easy because i have nothing else to do . LOL This seems to be very easy. I am going for a walk this evening for about an hour. I did 45 mins last nigh. I really want to get rid of 10 pounds that i have gained in the last 6 weeks. I have quit smoking and have pretty much sat on my fanny due to surgery. I have also have left my husband. So my plate has been full lately. I am excited to meet new friends so ! LOL( Is this too much info? 0):noway: I am really excited about my second life. Kids are grown and I am a grandmother. I go back to work sometime next week . Which will get me back on my feet. . :ohwell: Looking foward to it. ( i guess ) :laugh: I am a day time bartender at a resturant. Thats about it for the moment. Good luck with your sucess. Lets do this togather. Nancy
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    Awsome! WTG on weight lose. Sounds like you are already on a roll. I have been out of work for 6 weeks due to neck surery and also had to quit smoking. So needless to say i have gained 12 pounds since then. Can you give me any advise to get me started. I need to be more wise on what i choose to eat ! Nancy

Hi there

Sorry I missed this last nite as I was ZZZZZ lol :laugh:

Poor you with the neck surgery hope you are all healed now :wink: I hear you on the smoking I am on and off again quitter .. I lasted for over 2 yrs but after being laid off in Oct I went back on them due to stress :angry: When I get back on my feet again I will try again :ohwell:

My advice is try and stay low cal and even if you go off track record the calories and try and average the week to the correct amount of calories ... ie have a few less over the next few days :wink: We all have a bad day after all we are "human" :smile:

Try and exercize every day even if only for 20/30 mins a day .. every step counts :tongue: and lastly drink lots of water it will flush out your system and if you have a glass with food it will keep you nicely full :flowerforyou:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    HI Nice to meet you! I am irish! Maiden name is McMahon. Second day on here. So far its been easy because i have nothing else to do . LOL This seems to be very easy. I am going for a walk this evening for about an hour. I did 45 mins last nigh. I really want to get rid of 10 pounds that i have gained in the last 6 weeks. I have quit smoking and have pretty much sat on my fanny due to surgery. I have also have left my husband. So my plate has been full lately. I am excited to meet new friends so ! LOL( Is this too much info? 0):noway: I am really excited about my second life. Kids are grown and I am a grandmother. I go back to work sometime next week . Which will get me back on my feet. . :ohwell: Looking foward to it. ( i guess ) :laugh: I am a day time bartender at a resturant. Thats about it for the moment. Good luck with your sucess. Lets do this togather. Nancy

Hey there

That's cool where are you living now?

By the sounds of it you are doing fabulous :drinker: Sounds like you have been thru the mill :hug: It's time for some "you" time so enjoy this new journey and take it a day at a time :heart:

Is there healthy options of food at work cause if not try and eat before you go and bring some healthy snacks to keep you away from temptation

I'm here just shout if you need me :flowerforyou:

C

X