What is your most HATED word/sound & your FAVORITE word/soun

Options
Okay, so I just got done watching Inside the Actor's Studio, which got me thinking....

What is YOUR most HATED word/sound?

and

What is your FAVORITE word/sound?

My most hated word is MOIST! (I even hate typing it!) :devil: & My favorite sound is the sound of laughter! :laugh:

Your turn....

Replies

• YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I have a hated word or sound.

But I do have a favorite word and sound... both of which cannot be said or described here.

So with that, I'm useless on this thread except to bump it... :drinker:
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    I can't say that I have a hated word or sound.

But I do have a favorite word and sound... both of which cannot be said or described here.

So with that, I'm useless on this thread except to bump it... :drinker:

lol....you could at least hint at it or substitute symbols for letters! :wink:
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I hate the word axe. I will use it in a sentence. Let me axe you a question. LOL!!! , or the statement that is not in my job description.

favorite word? Opportunity!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    My most hated sound is when you leave a lighter in your pocket and dry them. My favorite sound is the happy grunts that my boyfriend makes when we are snuggled up to sleep.
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    My most hated word is the word "haters". You don't have haters, you have people who think you're annoying and stupid as hell. My most hated sound is nails on a chalkboard or something that sounds like it.

My favorite sound is laughter. My favorite word is dude. LOL
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I just got done watching Inside the Actor's Studio, which got me thinking....

What is YOUR most HATED word/sound?

and

What is your FAVORITE word/sound?

My most hated word is MOIST! (I even hate typing it!) :devil: & My favorite sound is the sound of laughter! :laugh:

Your turn....

I was gonna reply with the exact same word! I hate it! :laugh:
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My most hated sound is mouth noises, smacking, gulping, teeth grinding, any and all of them get on my last nerve.

My most favorite sound is my kids laughter.
  • sporadica
    Options
    Most hated sound is squeaky shoes... and favourite word would have to be lovely. It makes your mouth smile to even say it :)
  • mikellsmom
    mikellsmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hated- yelling
    Favorite- my husband/kids laughter
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand the word DELICIOUS! EUUURGH it makes my skin crawl! and I hate hearing people who eat loudly, it really annoys the crap outta me.

My favourite word is Vagina (it just sounds soo funny!) and I love hearing rain :)
  • LindsayHein
    LindsayHein Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am an elementary school music teacher. My most hated sound is a student in the background, while I'm trying to talk of course, going, "Ms. Hein, Ms. Hein, Ms. Hein, Ms. Hein, Ms. Hein, Ms. Hein, Ms. Hein, Ms. Hein." That drives me nuts!!!

My favorite sound....the sound of a five year old's belly laugh, or Debussy. It's a toss up!
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I hate the words "good enough". My kids know to never say it when I ask them about their schoolwork. Good enough means you could have done it better, but were too lazy to give some effort.

My favorite sound is when my son laughs so hard he can barely breathe.
  • nikkillane
    nikkillane Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love- the word lament. Also, the sound of the banjo.
    Hate- the word...*****. And now i feel gross.
  • nikkillane
    nikkillane Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hahaha...that didn't work. pu**y.
    Idk if that's any clearer...
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Least fav word-panties Makes me cringe
    Least fav sound- The sound my husband makes like he's Hannibal Lecter when he's playing his stupid video game(MW3)

Fav word-Lackadaisical
    Fav Sound-hearing my girls breathing when they are asleep
  • Time2Live99
    Options
    I hate the word axe. I will use it in a sentence. Let me axe you a question. LOL!!! , or the statement that is not in my job description.

favorite word? Opportunity!

omg! i was about to say that, a co-worker of mine says that all the time...

I hate the sound of someone chewing loud, or the sound of someone breathing heavy on the phone.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I despise the word "panties". Ugh. I also hate certain combinations of sounds, eg. an ex used to repeat "Heath's Crisps" (actual snack) all the time to annoy me because it sounds so horrible (I mean, say it. It even feels gross in your mouth. RIGHT?). Most recently, I hate the words "epic", "literally", and "actually" because, apparently, no one understands how they are properly used.

Most of the words I really love are largely useless, like apostrophe, lexophilia, apropos... just pleasing to the ear/tongue. But words are kinda my thing.

I love the sounds of certain laughs... the ones that make you laugh without knowing what prompted them in the first place.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My favortie word is VACATION!!...I also HATE when my husband takes the magazine out of his gun and practices drawing it and "dry" firing?....that "click, click, click," of the trigger drives me nuts!!!! But he's says I'll be glad he practices when someone pulls a gun on him. ugh
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    My favorite word : Epic

Least favorite word : Barf ( seriously.. blech! )

Least favorite sound : Sounds of barfing

my favorite sound : baby belly laughs
  • batmanvs
    batmanvs Posts: 2
    Options
    Speaking of favorite words, here is something worth mentioning, it's fresh and original: Favorite Words .com... looking forward to see how this resource grows.