Off the topic, but need ideas

Options
wriglucy
wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
Does anyone know any good sites to find apartments? I've tried Rent.com and Apartments.com, but they only list the apartments where the complex pays for the posting. Does anyone know if there are any other sites? I'm planning to move across the country in August, and figured it would be easier to have an apt lined up before driving that far with all my stuff and trying to find one.
Thanks!

Replies

• wriglucy
    Options
    Does anyone know any good sites to find apartments? I've tried Rent.com and Apartments.com, but they only list the apartments where the complex pays for the posting. Does anyone know if there are any other sites? I'm planning to move across the country in August, and figured it would be easier to have an apt lined up before driving that far with all my stuff and trying to find one.
    Thanks!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    craigslist.com
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    check the classified adds in the newspaper for the city you are moving to.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i would just do some google searches for that area too, there might be some local sites, depending on where you're going, including maybe the local newspapers :smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    call your local reality company(s). A lot of them do property management.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    i agree, CraigsList.com is a good way to go.
  • wriglucy
    Options
    Thanks guys! I actually started doing some searching based on your recommendations...and you know what?..I'm finding some!! Yea! Thank you for all your help!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You might really consider flying out to preview the property first. I moved across country to an apt. I found on apartments.com and it was not a good experience. I didn't know anyone in the city and we ended up in ghetto-ville - - gunshots, methlabs, etc. You can never be too cautious....

or if you know someone in that town, ask where the good neighborhoods are or if they could scout something for you...
  • Bert
    Bert Posts: 27
    Options
    try homeaway.com

It is geared for vacation rentals I think but I know of someone who has a long term rental on it.