Options
    Great Job!
  • ldennett
    ldennett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great!
  • aeaton0828
    Options
    You look amazing! I wouldn't even recognize you....you look like a different person! Congrats!!!

I started at 193 and looking to get down to about 130! Any advice?!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    well done you look great! and younger too
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • goacht00
    Options
    Congratulations. Your goals are exactly what I am aiming for this year. How long did it take to get the 50 lbs off? I've lost 9.5 since 1/24. I only found this site a week ago and it's awesome. Reading everyone's progess is such an inspiration to me. Keep up the great work and you'll hit that 16 lbs in no time.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Good job!
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    We were the same starting weight ( I was 196) and I'm looking to get down to around 150 - so inspiring!

How long did it take you to drop the 50 lbs? What exercise were you doing?

Thank you to everyone for such wonderful comments - wow! Make me blush!! I honestly posted out of sheer excitement and wasn't fishing for compliments but I'LL TAKE 'EM!!! ;)

I was in the mid-190's in January of 2011. It took me about 6 months to get to around 183 when I joined WW. In that 6 months time, I honestly (in hindsight) wasn't trying as hard as I could have. It took the public Saturday morning weigh in humiliation (Weight Watchers weigh in) to really get me motivated. I would look around and see all these women smiling from ear to ear because they'd lost 1 or 2 lbs and I would think, "I want to be smiling, too!" So it would give me the push I needed to have a good week.

In August, I started the Couch to 5 K running program and wasn't long before I became addicted to running. From June to September (so a combo of WW and running) I was at 170 lbs. So I'd lost about 13 lbs in 3 months or about a pound a week.

In September, myself and a handful of gf's on Facebook started our own private group where we check in with each other daily to see how we're all doing. Every Tuesday we post our weight loss results for the week. I was 170 lbs and in 3 months only managed to lose 9 lbs.

I got a lot more strict with my "treat" days (since I weigh in twice a week, I have to stay on top of my game all week long and I force myself to) and since December I lost another 13 lbs in 2.5 months or just over a pound a week.

I exercise every day (I used to take a rest day but I don't feel good on rest days - my body craves the workouts). I do at least 60 minutes of intense cardio and at least 100 push ups every day. I try to do at least 3 days a week of weigh training but to be honest, I currently struggle to get those routines in (which is really just sheer laziness).

I never have, never will, never would even consider going on any of those fad diets or purges or cleanses....or whatever "quick" or "easy" fix is out there. I eat regularly, 3 meals, 3 snacks a day. My meals consist of lean protein, complex carb, veggies with my daily dairy requirements being met at breakfast. Snacks are my fruits. I live in Canada (Eh?) and follow the Canada Food Guide. It is almost identical to what had been recommended to me by a dietician I saw about 3 years ago.

If there's something extra that I want then I make sure I do the work ahead of time and get the extra calories burned before I eat them.

I don't make it a habit of eating my exercise calories...I try to maintain as much of a deficit as possible. However, I listen to my body....if it's hungry, I feed it with good, power foods (high protein, high fibre).

I do my best to get as much sleep as possible but with an 18 month old that still doesn't sleep through the night, it's hard. I try not to stress about life. My philosophy is that while we can't control what life hands us, we can control what we put into our bodies and how we make them move. So I do my best to let things roll off my back. It's not always easy, but I want this weight loss far more than how bad any "problem" could ever be.

The biggest piece of advice is to just be honest. No one could lose the weight for me. I got myself into it - I have to get myself out. We can't just put our weight or health on a shelf and walk away from it for a few hours. So whatever ails us, plagues us, eats at us is constant.....24/7....you can't walk away from diabetes or heart disease. But you CAN walk away from the chips, the extra helping of potatoes, the pop, the extra three ounces of steak, the candy, etc. It's a conscious decision and sometimes you may need to verbalize things by saying out loud, "No...I don't need this."

Anyways....be honest. You can track your food to a "T" or you can kid yourself and think that you are....either way, the scale will eventually be your judge, jury and executioner.

It's not easy. It's not supposed to be easy. If it were, we'd all be thin. And then we'd all get fat again because we wouldn't have any appreciation for the hard work it really does take to get there.

Good luck - be strong.
  • LJ102011
    LJ102011 Posts: 110
    Options
    Wow! Great job!!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    WAHOOOO!

I should be " overweight " instead of " obese " within a few days. I hope to get to normal by summer!
  • missdune
    missdune Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You are beatiful and fabulous!! Way to go!!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You look hot ! COngrats ! Keep up the good work !
  • lissamok
    Options
    You look amazing! I also love that your before and after pictures are classy.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look wonderful!!
  • bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing - it has given me motivation. i am only one point away from 'normal' BMI!!! Hooray!!!!!!!!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! Thanks for sharing!
  • jnbud2002
    Options
    How inspiring! You look amazing! I can't wait to be where you are! Thanks for the motivation!
  • spayne_4
    spayne_4 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow! Be very PROUD!! You look amazing!! :O)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!