water retention when doing circuit training or strength trai

Options
2»

Replies

• thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Yes your muscles will absorb as much water as they can. And you should drink as much as you can to offset it. The time is dependent on fast they recover. A day's rest for each is best so when strength training if every day do upper one day and then the next do lower. Also a good protein shake after you workout within an hour is good.

The above is nothing I read just what I have learned over the years and yes measurements is better than weight.
  • meags007
    Options
    It sounds to me like you're in a very similar position to me! Over the last 13 weeks I have lost only 2kg (4lb) and I felt like my measurements could have been better - about 2.5 inches off my waist and about 1 off my arms and thighs ... BUT I had my body composition tested at the same time and the results there were awesome - over the 13 weeks I've taken by body fat from 28.8 to 22% and lost nearly 5kg (10.5lb) of fat. This fat loss has been masked by an extra 2kg's of water and 1kg of muscle. So take heart, you are probably doing yourself a world of good!