cabbage

Options
foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
does anyone have any healthy recipes that have cabbage in them??

Replies

• anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    I do a side dish where I take the shredded cabbage and sautee it in a little olive oil with onions and garlic + salt & pepper. Cook on medium for a looooong time. It's yummiest when it starts to brown up a bit. I tried this when I got sick of cole slaw :happy:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    this sounds good, thank you :smile:
    i am not really a fan of cole slaw, and i have a whole cabbage that is sitting in my fridge looking sad and neglected!
  • elva82
    elva82 Posts: 6
    Options
    Mexican Coleslaw-

Shred Cabbage
    Chop Tomatoes, Cilantro and Onions
    (Jalapeno Serano- if you like)

As dressing use Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon juice a dash of pepper and salt!
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I don't like traditional slaw myself, but I came up with this recipe... I make a Chipotole Slaw out of it and make Baha Tacos...

One bag of finely shredded cabbage
    1/2 C Fat Free Sour Cream
    2 Tbls Reduced fat Mayo
    1/2 C (or more)Chipotle Salsa (If you cant find it, use canned chipotles and dice them up depending of your spice tolerance)
    Lime juice to taste

I then take some shrimp and a bit of the salsa and cook the shrimp in it. This is what I use for the tacos, The slaw, shrimp, a bit of avacado, some celantro dressing on a corn tortillia... Yummm! Very low cal and low fat!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I do a side dish where I take the shredded cabbage and sautee it in a little olive oil with onions and garlic + salt & pepper. Cook on medium for a looooong time. It's yummiest when it starts to brown up a bit. I tried this when I got sick of cole slaw :happy:

I do this too, and sometimes dice up potatoes and ham and add it in for a one dish meal. I use the turkey ham. It is really good!
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    I do this too, and sometimes dice up potatoes and ham and add it in for a one dish meal. I use the turkey ham. It is really good!
    [/quote]

heeeyyy! that sounds brilliant - never thought of adding protein or taters. I've been making it this way for ages! Next time I'm popping in some turkey bacon :drinker: