19 CALORIE CUPCAKE*****CORRECTION****

Options
Just1forMe
Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
I have made these before and they are wonderful...however, for 48 mini cupcakes (if you get that many out of 1 package of cake mix and a diet soda), no matter what cake mix I've tried, they are between 33 and 40 calories each. I just wanted to point that out in case someone makes them and eats a few thinking they are 19 calories each.

I highly recommend using the "Recipe Calculator" under the food tab, setting it up with 48 servings and search ingredients for
any cake mix brand, mix only...ie, Betty Crocker Mix Only. Then select whole package (not 1/12, etc) and that will give you your per cupcake calorie count for that mix. There are lots of mixes out there with huge variations in calories and it only takes a second because there are only 2 ingredients :laugh:

(I posted a separate thread because this would get lost on page 4)

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL THREAD W/RECIPE...
http://tinyurl.com/82uvacv

Replies

• Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I get the two ingredients but since this is my first time hearing about these cupcakes I have a couple questions...

1) You said diet soda, like Diet Sprite or does it not matter is the soda is clear or dark?
    2) Cook like regular cupcakes (i.e. oven temp and time as directed on box)?
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I get the two ingredients but since this is my first time hearing about these cupcakes I have a couple questions...

1) You said diet soda, like Diet Sprite or does it not matter is the soda is clear or dark?
    2) Cook like regular cupcakes (i.e. oven temp and time as directed on box)?

Yes, just any diet soda at all and one box of mix...the link to the original thread with recipe is above.
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I, too have never heard of these and would be interested in the full directions! Sounds yummy!