help with first week.. your experience

Options
Hi. Its been one week since ive started eating really healthy and working out everyday. Ive lost 2 pounds. I thought I would lose a little bit more.

I just want to know how much some people have lost after the first week. and if weight came off quick after the first week? thanks

im just not sure if im working out right etc

Replies

• 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    I think you are doing great! I didn't lose anything until my third week. Keep it up!
  • nyvah
    nyvah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    cool thanks heaps. :)
  • thatlook
    thatlook Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    my first week i didnt lose much either but 2nd week i dropped more 3rd week more again...4th week went back!! lol in the 1st week your body is shocked by how much less its taking in once it gets used to it you tend to drop more but ensure you keep your water intake to the full amount otherwise you will just lose your water weight and things will plateau pretty quickly!! but im no expert just my experience!! lol
    11795304.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • traceydsm
    Options
    Today's my first day and I'm so excited! I actually stayed on the plan all day AND worked out! Yeah for me! I have a lot of work ahead of me and this won't be a an easy journey, but I'm ready. Bring it on - I'll be here for awhile, so I hope to gain knowledge from this great community!
  • nyvah
    Options
    awesome! all the best. i know how you feel! my first week has just passed and its been really good. a massive change from my old habits but i just had one of those moments where i thought.. no enough of this have to do something! good luck! :)
  • nyvah
    Options
    thank heaps for your help. helped me alot! I will make sure to drink the water! Youve done so well though! 35pounds is awesome! all the best! :)
  • startinganewleaf
    Options
    Its been 5 weeks and i havent lost weight =/
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Will it make you feel better or worse if people tell you their numbers? You lost weight and a good number! Why be dissappointed? Be happy!
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Some people will lose a lot the first week or two because they're letting go of excess water. Other people don't have much in the way of excess water and therefore, they won't lose as much. Your body may be reacting to the lowered calorie intake by not letting go because it thinks it's starving. Eventually, your body will figure it out and you'll start losing more. And by the way, think of it this way, at 2 pounds per week, you'd lose 100 pounds in a year!
  • vaavale
    vaavale Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is my first week too. Still trying to make my own food list and figar out what I am doing lol:happy:
    Think I'm getting the hang of it
  • nyvah
    Options
  • nyvah
    Options
    Will it make you feel better or worse if people tell you their numbers? You lost weight and a good number! Why be dissappointed? Be happy!

im not dissapointed. im very happy. this is just the first time seriously put my heart into being healthy and just wanted to know others' experience.
  • SuccessThisTime
    SuccessThisTime Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The great thing is...you are going in the right direction! I just lost 1.5lbs. my first week and I'm happy with it. The trainer at my gym says that losing it slowly helps your body adjust better and you won't lose as much muscle with the weight loss. Keep going and don't get discouraged.....a pound of fat is pretty significant! Best of luck.
  • thatlook
    Options
    thank heaps for your help. helped me alot! I will make sure to drink the water! Youve done so well though! 35pounds is awesome! all the best! :)

glad i could be of help, feel free to add me!! and thanks i hope i can hit 40lbs within the next 2 weeks!! :D
  • thatlook
    Options
    This is my first week too. Still trying to make my own food list and figar out what I am doing lol:happy:
    Think I'm getting the hang of it

you can add me if you like any help or advise i can give will be of no problem :D also my food diary is available for my friends to see so you can get a rough idea of my meals!!

also just wanted to clarify that i have dropped a large number in 6 wks because i was over 300lbs (well over!) and as my cals are now down to less than half of what they were im currently dropping quite considerable amounts, i dont plan to drop my daily cals by anymore (im on 1500 now) so i expect my losses to level out a bit from now on!! unless i really start to up my game with excercise (hmmmm maybe!! lol)
  • donnrach
    donnrach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my first week too. I have lost a pound. Not feeling it. I am eating very well, but the exercising is really tough. I am having trouble motivating myself to get up and exercise. I need help with that.