fat knees - how do you get rid of them?

Options
Hello! Question: how do you get rid of fat knees? Is it even possible? I would love to wear skirts w/o feeling self conscious.

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you get an answer, I'd like to hear it. :ohwell:

Seriously, you can't lose fat in specific spots. Our bodies just don't work like that. You'll just have to keep at it and you'll eventually lose the fat there, too.
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I've always hated my knees. They looked too big compared to the rest of my legs. A funny thing has happened. First, I lost over 50 pounds. Then I exercised 6 days a week and included strength training. My knees don't look huge anymore. I don't even notice them!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    It's genetic. You'll have to get your body fat down to notice more "knee".

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • StrlJmnz
    Options
    I was wondering about this to. Thanks for the tips everyone.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff has it right, body fat is a biggie.
    But, I have read a post or two of women who just cannot get that part to go down (hey, we all have a hang up, mine is my entire body, starting with my chin fat).

So, here are the options!
    1 The natural way by cutting as much body fat as possible ;
    2 Getting used to it and learning to love your knees and their quirks and thanking God they still move;
    3 You can try nonevasive fat freezing that works like lipo minus the incisions and track marks it can leave.

I still have fat *everywhere* so I cannot feel your pain. I like options 1 and 2, but if you're open to cosmetic surgery, 3 is there for you. Also, 3 is the only option for "spot fat reduction".

:flowerforyou:
    Good Luck!
    Meg
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    if i still have that pocket of fat when i get to 18% body fat, i will have non invasive lipo.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    if i still have that pocket of fat when i get to 18% body fat, i will have non invasive lipo.

I hear it works like a charm, and painless with no recovery time. I so would.
  • soulatomic
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! My mom has them, too, so it's definitely genetic. People probably don't notice them the way I do, lol.

I'd definitely consider non-invasive lipo...down the road. You know, when the technology gets better. ;)