I need something sweet, but with no sugar

Options
So I decided to try a different approach to my weight loss journey. I decided to eliminate all extra sugar, dairy and carbs. Basically But today I am STARVING!!!!

I've already had two fruit cocktails (in its own juice); steak, homemade pasta sauce (with no pasta!); roast chicken, mushrooms, a veggie mix and some roasted squash and prunes

What can anyone suggest for a snack or meal? I counted the pasta sauce as my dinner as it had beef in it

Thanks!

Replies

• ceecee368
    ceecee368 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is always a great snack if you're just feeling like munching on something. You can get good low-fat varieties, and it has a lot of fiber in it, which is great. If you want it to be a bit sweeter, try kettle corn. I know you're trying to avoid carbs, but the amount of fiber in popcorn will keep you full and you can end up eating a lot of it without consuming too many calories.

When I'm dying for something sweet I have a fudgesicle with no added sugar (40 cals). I keep those in my freezer at all times as a backup plan for when I get a craving.

Good luck!
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Fruit?
  • WheyStrong
    WheyStrong Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered strawberries! Use Walden Farm's Chocolate dip, Zero Calories, Zero Sugar. Taste is amazing!
  • manda1028
    Options
    sugar free jello helps me sometimes
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!!! I'm cooking popcorn as we chat.
    Love the Jello idea, of course I don't have any, but will buy some soon!
    Ohhh, sugar=free chocolate dip? I think I'm in love
    Love the fruit idea, but feel like I've already eaten enough
    Did I forgot anyone?
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    By carbs do you mean grains? If so just replace any grains with tons of veggies. For spaghetti, I replace noddles with zucchini and carrots. It's impossible to eliminate all carbs from your diet because veggies, fruit, meat all have carbs. But to be honest, good grains are important in your diet. Steel cut oatmeal, 100% sprouted bread, beans are all good carbs. I just limit them to one serving once a day. Usually in the morning. Don't get me wrong, sometimes all eat them 2x a day but not normally. I ,however, think that eliminating dairy and added sugar are awesome things to do. Not just for now but forever.
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    Vanilla Cinnamon Coffee!

- a dash of cinnamon. (4 calories.)
    - 1 cup. coffee. (1 calorie.)
    - 2 non- diary creamers. (40 calories.)
    - 2-3 splendas. (0 calories.)
    - a dash of vanilla flavoring. (0 calories.)
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I just made coconut chocolate mousse and i'm sure it would be very tasty without sugar since there is only 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar in it.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/16/chocolate-frosting-shots/

Also, if you are that hungry, consider upping your fat intake. I am on a gluten free, low(ish) carb diet, and my fat intake is much higher than it was before, contributing to less hunger.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered strawberries! Use Walden Farm's Chocolate dip, Zero Calories, Zero Sugar. Taste is amazing!

*Like*
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    A fruity herbal tea with no sugar. Make it very hot so you can smell it for a long time and sip it slowly.

This! I have a few sweeter teas around for when I'm craving something that isn't salty ... it's a vicious cycle going back and forth between salty and sweet!

I really like Rishi Tea's Cinnamon Plum and herbal chai.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello works for me!
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I know you said no dairy, but sugar-free pudding with sugar-free cool whip is delish!!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    sugar free jello
    greek yogurt
    graham crackers are low in sugar
    fruit (natural sugar)
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options

I am so going to by this when I get off work. I have already found the local grocer that sells it. Thanks.
  • sv1983
    sv1983 Posts: 23
    Options
    my mother and i bought stack wells 100 cal. snacks that r really good give you are craving something sweet, but not that bad for you. also i use kettle corn for those wanting sweet moments. Also carrots and fruit give u that sweet taste without being bad as well.. any1 have any idea were u get that zero cal and zero sugar chocolate dip??? that sounds amazing for my fruits that i eat!
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Strawberries + Walden's Farm no calorie chocolate spread: fabulous, agreed!

Pieces of Granny Smith apple dipped in Walden's Farm no calorie caramel spread also great!
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just made coconut chocolate mousse and i'm sure it would be very tasty without sugar since there is only 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar in it.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/16/chocolate-frosting-shots/

Also, if you are that hungry, consider upping your fat intake. I am on a gluten free, low(ish) carb diet, and my fat intake is much higher than it was before, contributing to less hunger.

Sounds soooo yummy!!! thank you!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is always a great snack if you're just feeling like munching on something. You can get good low-fat varieties, and it has a lot of fiber in it, which is great. If you want it to be a bit sweeter, try kettle corn. I know you're trying to avoid carbs, but the amount of fiber in popcorn will keep you full and you can end up eating a lot of it without consuming too many calories.

When I'm dying for something sweet I have a fudgesicle with no added sugar (40 cals). I keep those in my freezer at all times as a backup plan for when I get a craving.

Good luck!

You could always toss the popcorn in sugar free jello or splenda to get more of a kettle corn thing going on.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    A fruity herbal tea with no sugar. Make it very hot so you can smell it for a long time and sip it slowly.

This! I have a few sweeter teas around for when I'm craving something that isn't salty ... it's a vicious cycle going back and forth between salty and sweet!

I really like Rishi Tea's Cinnamon Plum and herbal chai.

Lipton makes a pyramid tea bag with called Caramel Truffle or something, but it is black tea if you are trying to avoid caffeine later in the day. It does really take care of a sweet tooth craving, though.