Recommendations on Zumba Exhilarate DVD set

Options
Hi, guys,
I am an avid exerciser, used to do 5 - 6 days at the gym including step classes, weight training, elliptical, running, swimming etc. Been exercising 20 years steadily so I am in good shape for it, especially cardio - it takes something intense to challenge me, and at this point I get bored with an hour on the machines.

I took two Zumba classes at my gym. One was not intense or fun and I hardly broke a sweat. One was super intense, challenging AND fun and I really got a work out. So my experience with Zumba is 50/50.

Now I am in a situation where I am only getting to the gym a couple times a week for schedule concerns but I have time to work out at home. Saw the info mercial for Zumba Exhilarate and thought it looked/sounded pretty good, but wanted to hear from others who have used it before I buy it for 90.00.

Is it really a good, challenging work out for someone who needs a challenge? Are the strength training exercises with the toning sticks or chair any good? Give me your review/feedback of it if you have used it - I'd appreciate it!
Donna

Replies

• jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I use exhilarate and i would say its awesome. the burn i get is so so good. the ripped dvd (which is the toning part) is also good, though it isnt tooooo intense when compared to 30 day shred and the lot. but you would feel the burn.

I would say exhilarate is the best workout dvd i have (and i have got almost 10)!
  • donnamariemoon
    Options
    Thanks for responding! It's definitely food for thought. I figured the stregnth component wasn't super intense since the toning sticks are 1 lb, but the rest seems good.

Donna
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I, like you, attend Zumba classes however when I can't make it to class do to scheduling conflict or want to squeeze in another quick workout I use the DVD's. Try them depending where you get them Zumba.com or QVC you have 30s to return. Enjoy!
  • annahicks30
    Options
    I started off attending classes three weeks ago. I loved it but could only attend Saturday classes so I looked into the DVD set ordered it and I just got it in and I love it.. I love the way they break it down.. The class I attend doesn't really break down the steps for the new Zumba members.. So now I will be ready to go, with the correct moves for my next Saturday class and I can also work out all week long to get my blood pumping..