who's tryed jillian michaels30 day shred?? if so....

Options
what kinda results have u recieved with doing this and with healthy eatting???? any suggestions or tips???.....im going to be purchasing this dvd next week...and just want to hear some reviews??? please and thank you in advance =) also just a question in realtion to this dvd ...what are good sized weights to go with this dvd?

Replies

• Babybirdganz
    Babybirdganz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't completed the 30DS yet, but I love the workouts! At first they were challenging and I was sore, but the harder I work the better I feel!!

I start with little 2lb weights then when I feel stronger with the level I am on I move up to the 5lb weights. I've read and seen many amazing reviews on Jillians 30 day shred. Hope you like it!

Feel free to add me if you need motivation!
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting workout 3 and I have been using 5lb weights. I've lost 13lbs since christmas... you can see more of what I've been doing on my blog if your interested.

ramblingsofacrazymama.wordpress.com
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I did it and lost a few inches but I was already 140 lost by that time. I found I used 3lb 5lb weights for most exercizes but there were 2 moves that I went up to 8-10lbs.
  • mjok31
    mjok31 Posts: 84
    Options
    I just got the dvd last week and I am at day 7 of level 1 tomorrow. I LOVE it.....I am using 3 lb weights right now and that seems to be good for a few of the harder moves for me. I am going to start using 5 lbs tomorrow on the other moves that the 3 lbs don't seem to be enough on. Hope you enjoy it!
  • jina1981
    Options
    It kicked my asssss today was day 1 and I got 2 mins into the video and passed out!!!! im sure its not that hard but i am realllly out of shape...im about to try it again right now lets see how it goes wish me luck!!!!!!
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have done it and completed it. I did it for well more than 30 days because I enjoyed it so much. It was a regular routine for me. I lost WELL over 30 pounds doing it. It will give you stamina and prepare you for more intense routines. I used 5 pound dumb bells.
  • crissy170
    crissy170 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i started today as well.. survived .. used 3 lb weights had to take a little 5 sec break on the cardio tho .. "the girls " got outta controll/. but i liked it alot ready to jumo back on tomorrow morning . . not overly sore , but just have that good " feelin it'; stiffness ! since i did have to stop i think its best to redo Day 1 again .. then move on
  • Movingonforbetter
    Options
    I'm right there with ya, did not pass out but could not finish the workout
  • Movingonforbetter
    Options
    It kicked my asssss today was day 1 and I got 2 mins into the video and passed out!!!! im sure its not that hard but i am realllly out of shape...im about to try it again right now lets see how it goes wish me luck!!!!!!

I am right there with ya, I did not pass put but could not finish the workout.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    I'm on Level 1 Day 5. I use 3lb weights. I decided that I would go through the entire 30 days with those weights then start over with 5 lbs and so forth. The 3 lbs are hard now but for the bicep workout I need stronger weights. Bicep curls are no match for my 30 lbs toddler :smile: I haven't noticed much weight loss HOWEVER I just bought a size smaller jeans TODAY! I've already lost inches and can feel my stomach tightening. Do it! If order it from WM online it is on sale for $6.93 so what have you got to lose besides weight? BTW-I don't know how much you weigh but I was worried I weighed too much. I'm over 220 and I can do it!
  • lisbethhanson
    lisbethhanson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did it as well, never got to level 3 because i started working out in the gym instead. I hadn't exercised in forever before i started it so i gave myself a week at level 1, then moved up to level 2 for 3 weeks. Great for tightening up, and yes you'll be feeling it after working out but its a great feeling. Boost of energy after each workout. My stomache was getting flatter fast. I still do it on the days i don't get to the gym. I didn't have hand weights so I used my 3# ankle weights instead. You'll love it especially how encouraging she is and continually tells you to keep going and not give up. I hung my new bikini up in view as i worked out as an incentive!!! LoL
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Instead of using normal weights I use weighted gloves.. And wear them for the whole workout
  • tapiagonzalez
    tapiagonzalez Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm Level 1 / Day 6 and boy am I SORE! But, I love it!!!! I've lost 1" on my hips and my waist! I know it's not much but, it's a start! Good luck to you! Feel free to add me.:flowerforyou:
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Search the forums for ultimate 30 day shred before and afters... LOTS of pics and stories and advice there! :D
  • fubar2us
    fubar2us Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The Wife has been doing it for 2 weeks now and is down 3lbs and 1 inch in the waist. I've joined her in it a few times and I can say it will deliver as long as you do it daily and push yourself for the 20 minutes she asks for. I do a high impact arobics class 4 times a week for an hour and Jillian can still kick my butt.
  • tapiagonzalez
    tapiagonzalez Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm Level 1 / Day 6 and boy am I SORE! But, I love it!!!! I've lost 1" on my hips and my waist! I know it's not much but, it's a start! Good luck to you! Feel free to add me.:flowerforyou:

Oh, and I use 5 lbs!
  • charis2032
    Options
    I did it last year and lost 31 pounds in 6 weeks. I cursed her daily for the first couple of weeks, but then I started feeling stronger, healthier and just....Better! My favorite part is that it's only 20 minutes. I quit trying and gained it all back, but that wasn't the program. That was me choosing not to eat right. So, I'm starting over. Still at the cursing her every day stage, but I have great confidence in how this will work out.
  • VRuff
    VRuff Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i just started lvl 3 today and OMFG it kills lol! ive been doing her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism video along with the 30DS and a lot of her moves are from that video. because im so out of shape and have terrible knees i did each lvl for 15 days consecutively. since i started ive only missed 2 days but made up for them the following workout by doing the video twice *i feel too guilty when i dont workout :ohwell: *as far as pounds go ive only lost around 5 doing the 30DS and following a 1100 calorie diet for the most part but my stomach feels flatter and my legs are definitely a lot slimmer and stronger. ive read numerous posts where ppl dont lost as much weight as others but gain muscle. im hoping that was my case lol.
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of level 1 today. Actually today I did level 1 and the first interval of level 2 as well. I'm seeing changes already.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    Oh, another piece of advice....take before pictures and measure every part of you body! Both arms, legs, calves, waist, bust, etc. You will be so glad you did!