Scale Questions

I was just wondering if anyone else on here has this problem. If I get on my scale several times in succession the "weight" changes by pounds. It shows different numbers everytime. Does anyone have a scale they love and rely on? Or is this to much to ask from a scale, and all scales fluctuate this much?

Thanks!

Replies

• redbird99
    redbird99 Posts: 298 Member
    I have a balance scale like you see in the doctor's office. I've had it for years. I calibrate it every so often. I weigh the same here and at the doctor's office, so I guess it is pretty reliable!

My mom bought a Weight Watchers digital scale a couple of weeks ago that stores her and dad's info over time. She likes it.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    First things first, is your scale on a flat, hard surface (e.g., not on carpet)? That can really mess up a scale. If it's already not on carpet, if it's fluctuating super a lot, then it might be time to get a new scale =/
  • gemini2267
    gemini2267 Posts: 74 Member
    Im thinking on getting a digital scale because im having the same problem. I heard they are more accurate. Also weighing in the mornings are also best because our weight fluctuates throughout the day.
  • Mine does the exact same thing, mine gives me numbers 3 to 4 lbs apart
  • I was having the same problem and went out and got the Weight Watchers digital scale and have not had ONE problem since! i absolutely love this scale and you can get it at K-Mart or Rite-Aid for like $25!! TOTALLY worth it and it is incredibly accurate!
  • redheadc2
    redheadc2 Posts: 29 Member
    you can test your scale by making it level and putting a Known weight on it.

for example a 10 lbs. dumb bell or a 5 lbs. bag of sugar.

and try it a couple of times. If it still changes from one time to another it is time for a new scale.
  • fubar2us
    fubar2us Posts: 43 Member
    +1 for the Weight Watchers digital scale. Only time I ever had a problem with it was when it got on uneven ground. Somehow I didn't believe it when it said I lost 9 lbs over the weekend.