Any one else work out WITHOUT music?

Options
splashangel
splashangel Posts: 494 Member
I hear alot about working out to music. I don't . I just prefer it quiet. The only sounds you'll hear coming from my shed is my grunts and metal clanging. Are there any other's out there like me?

Replies

• inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm with you. But mostly that is because it annoys me to have my MP3 player with me...
  • harlylena
    harlylena Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    No I can't without music...it's the only thing that pushes me to work to the beat. Still loving your profile pic!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way although I often work out while in front of the tv.:smile:
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I almost always have music, unless I'm rowing because I have nowhere to put my phone. Otherwise, I need something, or I'll get distracted.
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My iPod broke and I didn't have any music for awhile so while on the elliptical I would just read a book. I don't know how people can not listen/do anything while working out because it just drags on and makes it so much worse for me ! ahha.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I probably could do it, but can't do it....won't do it. I'm a must have music guy. I can appreciate someone wanting quiet to become one with their workout or whatever.
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I knew I wasn't completely alone. I get distracted easy. One minute I'm counting reps the next..........Oooh Shiny!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It depends... If I'm on the treadmill then yes, but if I'm running outside it's a mixed bag. Some days I feel like it and others I do not...
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    No music here either. I have to concentrate on what I'm doing.
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    ugh, couldn't imagine
  • autumnbottom8
    autumnbottom8 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I get so annoyed with headphones and the strings bouncing, so I focus on the sound of the machine, my breathing, the number I want to see on the scale, etc.

All my friends think it's so weird, but I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Good luck with your weight loss!!
  • runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    yea. it actually inhibits me too. i like to hear my surroundings. if it happens to be quiet, it is zen! :)
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I once ran without music and I tried to remember and ricite in my head, The Raven. Sadly, I could only remember the first two stanzas.
  • Livinlavidalulu
    Options
    If I have to, I workout without music, but I feel the time goes by a bit slower
  • laurapgmartinez
    laurapgmartinez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I generally dont listen to music when I run, but I listen to books on tape instead. As long as it's a good book, it's the perfect distraction!
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I get so annoyed with headphones and the strings bouncing, so I focus on the sound of the machine, my breathing, the number I want to see on the scale, etc.

All my friends think it's so weird, but I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Good luck with your weight loss!!

^^THIS! There's nothing more annoying than wires bouncing about when I want to be running free!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    it's all me and myself working out :) i love it without music. I've tried to have tv on the treadmill, don't even like that.
  • Horskrzy
    Horskrzy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My primary exercise is on my treadmill so I've a small flat screen TV set up to watch TV shows or Netflix. Takes my mind off of the monotony and I figure if I'm going to dull my brain watching TV I might as well burn off some fat at the same time (vs. being a couch potato!).:drinker:
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    If I do cardio, I like music (I actually like to sing along or at least mouth the words as a distraction). But the beat of the music helps me keep pace. When I do strength training though, I don't need the music.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I workout with music everytime,helps me focus.