can the body go into starvation mode in 3 weeks of diet and

Options
I joined MFP in feb but be4 joining i was on gm diet for a week.Did lose 2 pounds but gained back with normal diet.Past 3 weeks my weight is flactuating from 2 lbs lose to 2 lbs gain.Not sure wut i am doing wrong? i walk up and down the hill for abt an hour and started 30 day shred everyday.Wutz the normal amt of water and fat in a female body? i got this fancy weighing machine from costco where it says fat,water weight and mass all kind of stuff.I also have good old weighing machine.Old machine weighs me less than the new one .I am not sure which one is accurate. Ofcourse i like the one that weighs me less ;)3 weeks of watching my intake other than 2lbs up and down nothing changed.Is it possible that my body is in starvation mode i maintain 1200 to 1300 cal intake everyday and dont eat my excercise cal too scared. Any help wud be really appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    maybe you should search some threads like you suggested for someone else to do. lots of information on there.

you're definitely not eating enough.
  • sandadhya
    sandadhya Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Your dinner is heavier than the rest of your meals which i feel makes difference.
    I have learnt that its good to eat more from the start of the day and lesser as the day progresses.
    If you eat well through the day, you will not be hungry by dinner time.
    I make sure i do that.
  • jlgobert
    jlgobert Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Im just starting out myself, however I think that you need to be a little more patient. In the beginnig of a diet your body has to adjust to new eating habits. Starvation mode is different for most people. I am a person who regularly ate 3-4000 calories a day. I have decreased my diet to around 1200. My body is going into starvation mode, but my problem is that I eat and I enjoy my meals so I see no reason to increase my dietary intake. I have done this before and my body adjusted and after a couple of weeks the weight began to come off. I cannot tell you that this is the best way to go, in fact most will tell you and me that it is not. But for me psychologically I cannot give in to eating just to increase caloric intake. Back to my original purpose, be patient and let your body adust.