JUNE STARTERS ~ hump day

kandyjo
kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, gals (and one dude if you are still around and we haven't scared you off) :laugh: :
This is Wednesday. The middle of the week. I just wanted to send a little shout out to all of you to say STAY WITH IT this week and SEE IT THROUGH!!!
Sometimes, during the first of the week we can really be totally focused and do so awesome! But by the end of the week we have really slacked off of ourselves. So, here is to recommitting on Wednesday :drinker: that we will see this week through with the same intensity that we started with.
Anyone have any words of encouragement in this area? What works for you keeping a steady pace throughout the whole week?
Stay with it ladies!!! WE WILL BE SUCCESS STORIES!!! :happy:

Replies

• thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    I don't know about this being encouraging, but something I thought I would share.

My husband and I went to the movies last night, he ordered a larger popcorn :noway: I was so proud of myself, I didn't have any, not one kernel. I did have 9 fuzzy peaches, which he ordered as well, but only because I read the nutritional facts and knew I had more than enough everything left for the day to allow myself that treat. In the end my husband was mortified that he ate almost the whole bag, and proud of me for resisting.

Just a word about my husband. He is a junk-food-aholic, with no weight problem at all. He is doing his best to be supportive, but EVERY night brings snacks to bed. We lay there reading while he munches on chips or crackers. If I can deal with that everyday, you can resist temptation as well.

My husband seems to think my goals are set too high. I intend to prove him wrong. That is my motivation. He is a sweetheart and I love him so much, but this makes me want to prove him wrong.

Happy Wednesday. We can do this, no matter what our motivation is!!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    I need motivation today, I'm feeling pretty grumpy:mad: It's almost my TOM I gained a pound and it's sooooooo hot out here I don't think I'll be able to take my dog for our usual long walk tonight.
    I was so proud of myself last night, all I wanted was a nice galss of wine but I resisted!! and was rewarded by gaining a pound:sad:
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    AWWW! Don't worry, just know that the TOM retention will go away fast, the wine weight will not:ohwell:
  • s_sanchez
    s_sanchez Posts: 96
    I'd like to join the group...I started in June too :happy:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    So I joined the ab challenge yesterday- OY VEY! My tummy feels like I've been punched. It's great! :laugh:

I am now no longer Morbidly Obese!!! I'm down to a plain old obese. Wooohooo!

We can do this- remember the Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer claymation show? The snow monster song? You put one foot in front of the otherrrr, and soon you'll be walkin' out that door!
  • kandyjo
    I'd like to join the group...I started in June too :happy:

Absolutely!!! :happy: Welcome to June Starters!!
  • kandyjo
    So I joined the ab challenge yesterday- OY VEY! My tummy feels like I've been punched. It's great! :laugh:

I am now no longer Morbidly Obese!!! I'm down to a plain old obese. Wooohooo!

We can do this- remember the Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer claymation show? The snow monster song? You put one foot in front of the otherrrr, and soon you'll be walkin' out that door!

OK>...AB CHALLENGE? details .... :happy:

You crack me up!! I totally remember the song :smile: ROCK ON!!!
  • thirtyby40
    I need motivation today, I'm feeling pretty grumpy:mad: It's almost my TOM I gained a pound and it's sooooooo hot out here I don't think I'll be able to take my dog for our usual long walk tonight.
    I was so proud of myself last night, all I wanted was a nice galss of wine but I resisted!! and was rewarded by gaining a pound:sad:

The beautiful thing about TOM weight gain is it leaves as easily as it comes. Don't stress or you will fall off the wagon. You could actually be down weight next week TOM weight plus any you work off this week. It often takes a week to show up. It is my TOM too, I had a gain, but now that it is a couple of days in I weigh in this morning 0.8 lbs lighter than I was before the onset.

Chin up. Don't worry. If you need a glass of wine have it, just make sure you count it for the day!!
  • thirtyby40
    [/quote]

Now that will be stuck in my head all day. Hmm new theme song for June starters maybe? :laugh:
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    I did the first day of the second week of coach to 5K program yesterday and it really felt great! I have never been a runner but this program is easy to get into and it gave me a little bit of "me" time away from my 4 boys!! Keep it up everyone!:happy:
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    oops! I meant couch not coach...duh!
  • thirtyby40
    Fantastic! I am planning to try the couch to 5k in the future, but I want to get some more weight off first. I don't want extra stress on my feet or knees. Keep it up!
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Hope you don't mind that I am joining toward's the end of the month! I've been using MFP for quite some time, fell off the wagon, but am officially back on!

:smile:
  • kandyjo
    Hope you don't mind that I am joining toward's the end of the month! I've been using MFP for quite some time, fell off the wagon, but am officially back on!

:smile:

Join right in, Adele!!! Glad to have you :happy:
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Can I join??? Please please please!:happy: lol..What do i post in this group and what kind of challenges do yall have??
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Well, I am just starting my week today so hopefully the intensity will last through the weekend ... but biggest trouble time.

Good luck group!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    I did the first day of the second week of coach to 5K program yesterday and it really felt great! I have never been a runner but this program is easy to get into and it gave me a little bit of "me" time away from my 4 boys!! Keep it up everyone!:happy:

I'd love to find out more about couch to 5k. I used to jog and I miss it! I am just now starting to get out of the house without the kids and without feeling guilty.

PS..I love the June starters club! Thanks for starting it :0)
  • rkwestfall
    rkwestfall Posts: 37 Member
    Hey Groupie,

I just want to start off by saying I have been feeling great since i started on the 15th. I used to feel bloated and gassy...pleasent i know, but when I am not eating high fat foods...its gone!

I am trying to just weigh myself on Monday mornings, but every morning I am tempted to weigh in... and I do... I just dont record it everyday, I only record every Mon instead cuz my weight would prolly be up and down all the time!

Thanx for all the support!

Quote :happy:

You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be. -David Viscott
  • kandyjo
    rkwestfall, I have the same issue with wanting to weigh everyday. I am still trying to overcome that :laugh:
    I am loving JUNE STARTERS, too. I think we have some amazing women!!
  • Hi everyone, I'd like to join the group. Tomorrow is my birthday- I'll be 47!!!! And this is as great a time as ever to do something really wonderful for myself. My goal is to lose 65 lbs by my next birthday. I know I can do this and I'm gonna need some help. This site is really great and I applaud all of you for your accomplishments and willingness to support each other. I'll be checking back- and oh yeah, I'm not even thinking about cake!!! :o)
This discussion has been closed.