Stomach Bloat

Options
For months I've been dealing with the severe stomach bloat. I look pregant and it isn't very comfortable. Actually, it has some very painful moments. I cannot for the life of me figure out what causes it. Thought it was gluten, nope. Too much water, nope. Too much...something else, nope. But when I wake up in the morning, it's back to normal.

Does anyone else experience this? Particularly women?

Replies

• charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It is worthwhile going to your doctor - my friend dealt with symptoms like yours for years thinking it was just food intolerances and she didn't want to have to go on a restrictive diet. She actually has gastroparesis, where the stomach takes a long time to digest food and empty itself, and she is on medication for it.
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    It is worthwhile going to your doctor - my friend dealt with symptoms like yours for years thinking it was just food intolerances and she didn't want to have to go on a restrictive diet. She actually has gastroparesis, where the stomach takes a long time to digest food and empty itself, and she is on medication for it.

Once my health insurance kicks in in a month, I plan on going and getting it checked. I've tried not eating certian foods and it didn't effect it at all. It's rather annoying. RIght now, I think it's too much sodium (damn Pollo Tropical and your soups)...but I am usually not a salt eater so who knows :( Thanks for the advice.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Yep, this kind of stuff should be discussed with a doctor. Not sure how that fits into your monthly expenses, but your health should be taken seriously.

There are a growing number of health care providers who offer the feature of e-mailing your primary care physician, which is something I take advantage of as mush as possible. Saves me time and money. Saves them time and money too.

Take care of yourself!
  • kmwmgw
    Options
    Please, please go see a doctor. This could be something minor or it could not be. I am not trying to scare you but that could be signs of ovarian cancer. I had a friend this happened to and luckily she went to a doctor early enough. I hope this is something minor for you but I just thought you should know that you might want to see a doctor.
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    Please, please go see a doctor. This could be something minor or it could not be. I am not trying to scare you but that could be signs of ovarian cancer. I had a friend this happened to and luckily she went to a doctor early enough. I hope this is something minor for you but I just thought you should know that you might want to see a doctor.

Thank you. I plan on getting checked as soon as possible. Not having health insurance is not enjoyable.
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    And it sits really low...like, uterus low not up under my ribs or anything. It's the strangest thing.
  • BigPapaGato
    BigPapaGato Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Which side of your stomach? and upper or lower quadrant? How would you describe the pain?
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't experience pain, but I do have the horrid bloating. As long as I haven't eaten anything my belly is normal(for an overweight person with too much belly), but the second I drink a glass of water or eat, I look like I'm carrying twins:sad: and it's really annoying. I didn't have any 'female' problems at my last doctor visit, but I'm in the process of changing doctors and will be discussing this at that time. You're definitely not alone and good luck!:smile:
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options
    A friend of mine was like that too. She was very thin so it was noticable. When she got pregnant and was being seen by her Dr. they found that she had a fibroid.
  • birdieintx
    Options
    I'm glad you are going to see a doctor for it but as for any possible non medical reasons do you drink any soda or carbonated drinks? Even diet? I was so frustrated when I started this journey by how big my stomach looked and I found when I cut out all soda and any kind of carbonated drinks my belly literally deflated. It took several days of having all of it out of my system but the change was amazing.

Hope it's something not serious!
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    I'm glad you are going to see a doctor for it but as for any possible non medical reasons do you drink any soda or carbonated drinks? Even diet? I was so frustrated when I started this journey by how big my stomach looked and I found when I cut out all soda and any kind of carbonated drinks my belly literally deflated. It took several days of having all of it out of my system but the change was amazing.

Hope it's something not serious!

Nope, no soda or carbonated drinks. Just water.

When I woke up this morning I was right back to normal. Oh stomach, you are a strange thing.
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    YES! Recently I've been seeing a LOT of the same thing. I never used to notice it--now I eat one thing and I am bloated for the entire day and look pretty large in the stomach area. In the morning I wake up and my stomach is flat. I don't know what's causing it. I heard something about protein deficiency--so I recently started upping my protein, but who knows. Obviously, sodium, soda and gassy foods can cause it. I chew a lot of gum (and swallow air), so I attribute part of it to that--but on days I don't, I still get it. I've heard a lot of a refined sugars in your diet can do it too. I don't know. I have to go to the doc myself about some other issues so I hope to bring it up then too and get some answers :)