Anyone using p90x?

Options

Replies

• lilfurson
    Options
    I did 2 rounds of it last year. I have been doing a ton of cardio this year but just tonight started adding back in the weight training parts.

Here are my results from last year...
    298086_706202622302_18106954_36956638_244678665_n.jpg

Edit: To view the full image click on the picture and choose to view the image in a new window / tab
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    By the way, whoever is interested, if you go to this page, you can download the PDF worksheet for P90X or at the bottom of the page you can download the Excel spreadsheet so you can have everything in one file. The excel file includes the following tabs

Full Routine, Fit Test, and a tab for each workout.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/get-fit/fitness-tools/workout-sheets
  • AshJasper
    AshJasper Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I want to do it really bad, but I just can't afford it. does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?

Wellllll I saw how expensive it was so I had a friend who is tech savy burn me 13 discs. I figured if it wasn't for me it I wasnt wasting any money

that's smart. I need to see if any of my friends have it, cause I'm sure I could figure out how to do it. I've burned dvds before.
  • benburchfield
    benburchfield Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to do it really bad, but I just can't afford it. does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?

Wellllll I saw how expensive it was so I had a friend who is tech savy burn me 13 discs. I figured if it wasn't for me it I wasnt wasting any money

that's smart. I need to see if any of my friends have it, cause I'm sure I could figure out how to do it. I've burned dvds before.

A better and more legal option would be to workout with your friends that have the program. This way you get to use the workout program for free and you get motivation from the friend you are exercising with.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I just started last Monday. I'm really enjoying it so far except for the yoga. Plyometrics is my favorite.

lilfurson---that is quite the transformation!

eta--I'm doing the classic routine and running in addition to P90X.
  • kfins911
    kfins911 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am starting next week add me if you like I am wanting to follow others on the plan
  • Okieace
    Options
    I've done P90X twice over the last couple of years. Loved it and got amazing results. I plan to start back up on it in the next couple of weeks.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I did P90X in 2010 and lost 26 pounds. Got in better shape than when I was in high school. It is a great workout, especially if you commit to it. I started the classic version in Jan 1 of this year and have lost a few more pounds but more important, I am getting more toned.
    I highly recommend this workout to anyone.

Plyo is the only one that have you jumping around (it is on the schedule for me today). I don't think your neighbords will mind, especially if you warn them ahead of time of some jumping noise once a week.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second round. But this time I'm not strictly following the program. I sort of try to mix it depending on schedule and how I feel that day. Had a good result first time. Lost 14 pounds and now I'm just maintaining it. Got stronger too.
  • Myles_D23
    Myles_D23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm doing Lean P90x and I'm losing the weight very quickly. Its hard at first but every morning it gets easier and easier I high recommend it
  • 11va17bene
    Options
    The first time my husband and I did the yoga we turned it off, we were scared haha. We took a break and did not start it for two more weeks. Week three though I said we have got to try it we can not skip it anymore and we did it. The difference was astonishing. We were so much stronger in 3 weeks and were able to keep up. Already two weeks after it's even better and we are much more flexible. So I would say its completely normal the first time you try the yoga to hate and freak out, but it does get better trust me!
  • kristi_asco
    kristi_asco Posts: 183
    Options
    i'm starting it tomorrow! can't wait!
  • yasdnilear
    yasdnilear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been pushing play every day for over 3 weeks now!! Doing the lean version basically too! Love it!
  • kristi_asco
    kristi_asco Posts: 183
    Options
    do you recommend lean rather than the classic version if you're trying to lose weight mostly?
  • willidewbaby
    willidewbaby Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both did P90X 2 Augusts ago and it changed out whole life we were both overweight and lazy. I weighed 200 and my wife weighed 150. After a full cycle of the classic I was down to 173 and my wife was down to 140. The best results were that my wife was able to do 15 standard pull ups and had a 6 pack and I improved my mile run time from 9 minutes to 7:30 minutes.

Bottom line its a great program with absolute results.

we are in the middle of P90X2 now and its CRAZY!
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Starting it next week. Scared but psyched. I'd love some P90X support (to kick my butt).
  • TBill13
    TBill13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Use a heart rate monitor to get your calorie burn and then create your own exercises under My Exercises.
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    On my second round, love it.

@ theonly1iknow- go ahead and get the program, theres not too much jumping, only one day when you are doing plyo. Otherwise, its simple moves without any noise!
  • Kendrawinn
    Kendrawinn Posts: 160
    Options
    Love p90x, doing it for the second time. I did the lean program last year, now doing the classic, I don't love the yoga but it's a good work out. I'm on my first recovery week right now.
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Qvc has it broke down in to 3 payments I believe for $36.00