2 different shapes

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
Okay, so I am SO EXCITED to tell you that I had to buy a pair of jeans b/c none of the ones in my closet were fitting me and I walked out with a size 10 in my hand! Very exciting! BUT, my top is still a size XL / 14?! How do I get my body to be one shape?
HELP!

Replies

• jenbar
    Options
    Okay, so I am SO EXCITED to tell you that I had to buy a pair of jeans b/c none of the ones in my closet were fitting me and I walked out with a size 10 in my hand! Very exciting! BUT, my top is still a size XL / 14?! How do I get my body to be one shape?
    HELP!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    when I went from a upper body 44 dd, ans a 1x to a 38 dd, and large, I did upper body arm weights and ab squats. It took 3 months, but I am still a large top....

Now I work out 3-4 days a week and keep it off...
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    If you're not already doing it, add weight training. Since I've added it, I feel much more proportioned. :flowerforyou:

It may take lots of patience. It took a long time for my top to catch up to my bottom.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Weight training can help, but I also think that you have a natural "shape" that while can be improved (my trainer helped target my trouble areas), will always dictate your basic form (you know the "apple" "pear" "hour glass" "inverted triangle" and "rectangle").

No matter what my weight, I always have a smaller waist and larger bust and bottom - even at my pre-pregnancy fit weight, I had defined abs, yet still had cellulite (sorry tmi) on my bottom! I think to some extent, it's just the way we are!

:smile:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I am working out my arms, back and chest with the stretch bands and hand weights.
    Since I don't belong to a gym and have to work out with what I have in the house.
    It's discouraging when I want to buy a dress and have to get the "bigger" size! Because of my back and upper stomach.
  • AJCM
    Options
    I feel your pain! My pants are always tight on the thighs and gaping at the waist! Don't worry about the number - I'm sure you look TERRIFIC!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    I feel your pain! My pants are always tight on the thighs and gaping at the waist! Don't worry about the number - I'm sure you look TERRIFIC!!!!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Thanks. I really have to step it up! I've got lots of dresses to buy in the next 3 months and really need/want to look good in them!
    I didn't lose any this week... .ughhhh!
  • blink14
    blink14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think most people are 2 different sizes. I wear pants a size smaller than my tops. Buying dresses can definitely be a total pain, but you need to try to fit the biggest part of your body and then things can always be altered.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I don't know what breast size you are but keep that in mind. I have friends that have small waists and wear a size 6-8 jeans but their breasts keep them in large shirts.

I wear a size 32-34B (depending on the bra) and I can't imagine someone with bigger breasts fitting into some of my size small-medium shirts. In fact, sometimes I wear an extra-small due to my chest size.

Just a thought.
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I don't know what breast size you are but keep that in mind. I have friends that have small waists and wear a size 6-8 jeans but their breasts keep them in large shirts.

I wear a size 32-34B (depending on the bra) and I can't imagine someone with bigger breasts fitting into some of my size small-medium shirts. In fact, sometimes I wear an extra-small due to my chest size.

Just a thought.

This is DEFINITLY true as I have a size 34F chest and so i foten have to buy large shirts which are then way too baggy everywhere else as i put my weight on my hips and legs not my stomach. Stretch t-shirts aren't so bad I've now had to start buying fitted shirts from a special shop which caters for larger chested women who are necessarily large on the waist etc.
  • jenbar
    Options
    Yes, I have big boobs. Right now they're a 40C, but the "smallest" I've been was around a 36/38 C. I've ALWAYS had rolls on my stomach and a fatter back which is the reason for the "bigger" top. I'm really tired of it. I don't want to be an "apple" anymore. Hmmmmm, I want to be an asparagus or a string bean?! haha! I just need a little patience. It's just a little discouraging when one part of my body is losing weight but the other half isn't catching up. I know it will all be more proportioned when I lose all the weight.
    Patience, patience. I posted a new pic in my "size 10" jeans. You'll notice how I'm heavier on top.
  • AJCM
    Options
    jbaranello...

THE JEANS LOOK GREAT!!!!!
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It's so true - we all have our "shape" and no matter what, it sticks with us! (Sometimes more in one place than in others...)
    I have the opposite problem as you, I'm small on top and larger on bottom. Unfortunately, an A/B cup on top :grumble: , but what I've been doing is some pretty intense upper body weight lifting and my shoulders and arms have gotten broader and I like to think (whether it's true or not) that it's helping to balance out my bottom half.
    We just have to play the cards we're dealt and make the best of it, I guess!

And yes - your jeans do look great!