Vitamin D deficient and slow weight loss

Options
I have a questions. Earlier today I found out at my drs apt that I am Vitamin D deficient. The dr didnt elaborate on it. I have had concerns in the past because I work out 6 days a week hard core and the scales barely moves. I came home from my Dr apt and googled vitamin D deficiency. It had a lot to say about some people that have that have a harder time losing weight. I dont know why, but it sounds like there is a possibility that has an effect on a persons weight loss capability. I have had my thyroid checked and it is fine.
I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on this issue? Has anyone else ever dealt with this same thing? I am just curious?? I would so appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

Replies

• KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I guess I'd never really thought about it but in the time I was gaining weight (and in denial about it) I had gone to the doctor and was also told I was Vitamin D deficient. I started taking 1000 IU a day and was still low (and also low in energy which is another sign of not getting enough vit D) so I switched to 2000 IU a day. I was then told you can't really have TOO much Vitamin D so I was taking a 5000 IU but haven't taken it lately. I probably should. I do take a multi vitamin though which only has 400 IU of vitamin D.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    When I was deficient, my doctor put me on a 4 week D regimen with 50000 IU once a week. Now I take 2000 IU daily.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it depends on the person, but I'm very vitamin D deficient and I haven't had any problems losing all of my weight. When my doctor found this out, however, she put me on crazy doses of Vitamin D. Maybe you should call you doctor's office and ask how much you should take to get your body in check.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sunflowerhcb
    Options
    thank you for the feedback. Amazing how our bodies work. Im glad Im not the only one that has the vitamin d deficiency though,