i am hungry :-(

Options
getting through these late night cravings is not always easy ughhhhhhhhhhh

Replies

• iwisheyes
    Options
    I know the feeling... I have MANY more awake hours than sleeping hours, and sometimes the munchies attack like little ninjas out to assassinate my healthy plan...
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    I know the feeling... I have MANY more awake hours than sleeping hours, and sometimes the munchies attack like little ninjas out to assassinate my healthy plan...

I know and I have done everything like drinking water etc... I just want something BIG like a huge cheeseburger mmmmmmm
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Try a spoon full of PB or a handful of something like almonds. While they both may add about 110 calories, it can also keep you from waking up at night feeling like you are starving.
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    mmmm cheese burger :)
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    *sighs* Me too. Nighttime is super hard far me.
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    That cheeseburger is sounding soooooo good right now :ohwell:
  • jodymcadam
    Options
    Yesterday I could have eaten the entire pantry... could not get satisfied. Today, I had more protein, and I'm good. As long as my fingers are busy typing here, instead of dipping in and out of the bag of cookies in the pantry!
  • hardsilver
    Options
    Peanut butter is a good suggestion - I just had some myself to stave off the hunger beasts...
  • Southpaw3612
    Options
    A little statement to read over and help those late cravings:

"45 to 60 minutes before bed eat 1-1.5 cups cottage cheese (2% fat or less) or casein protein powder to fight late night hunger cravings and give your body some slow digesting casein protein to breakdown and use during the night; it's void of sugar, low carb (lactose) and high protein, plus it's got calcium which can help you sleep. No, it won't get stored as fat!"

I stick with Optimum Nutrition Casein. I use it when I stay up later than normal and have late night cravings.
  • BuddhaBelly79
    Options
    Oh my....I am having one of those nights right now!!!!! Well, I was, and technically now its morning and I havent slept at all.....All I wanna do is EAT! THIS SUCKS!!!! I nearly killed myself with Special K just now.....HUGE bowl. Not good at all.....wish I wouldnt have done that!!!!
  • denise_earheart
    Options

"45 to 60 minutes before bed eat 1-1.5 cups cottage cheese (2% fat or less) or casein protein powder to fight late night hunger cravings and give your body some slow digesting casein protein to breakdown and use during the night; it's void of sugar, low carb (lactose) and high protein, plus it's got calcium which can help you sleep. No, it won't get stored as fat!"

I stick with Optimum Nutrition Casein. I use it when I stay up later than normal and have late night cravings.

where do I get it???????/
  • Southpaw3612
    Options
    Oh my....I am having one of those nights right now!!!!! Well, I was, and technically now its morning and I havent slept at all.....All I wanna do is EAT! THIS SUCKS!!!! I nearly killed myself with Special K just now.....HUGE bowl. Not good at all.....wish I wouldnt have done that!!!!

Dont get too hard on yourself. Better Special K that many other alternatives.
  • denise_earheart
    Options

you know though I have found that that gets me through and curbs a sweet tooth but my cycle is almost here so I can eat everything right now... not good I know but I just had a 1/2 ham sandwich and I feel fulfilled
  • Southpaw3612
    Options

I usually purchase it from bodybuilding.com . You can find it at some local health food stores or places like VitaminShoppe and Vitamin World if either of those are local for you.
  • denise_earheart
    Options

Dont get too hard on yourself. Better Special K that many other alternatives.

sooo true I eat it at night when I am craving treats and i am hungry
  • denise_earheart
    Options

I usually purchase it from bodybuilding.com . You can find it at some local health food stores or places like VitaminShoppe and Vitamin World if either of those are local for you.

ya I will try it.. thanks
  • Southpaw3612
    Options

ya I will try it.. thanks

Sure thing. Be sure to let me know how it works for you
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I learned if you put the baby carrots into little baggies...they have babies!!! I don't know if it is true, but it is fun to eat the little "babies"
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Me too. You'll wake up lighter tomorrow w/o eating right now.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

You joking right?

If one is over their caloric maintenance it will be stored as fat. Anyway, regarding hunger. When dropping weight, hunger comes down to two things.

1. Low calories
    2. Multiple meals

It's absurd to suggest 6 meals out of 1200 calories, but many on this site do so. No wonder they are hungry all the time. Another option is to condense meal intake down to 2 or 3. So now you would have 600, 400 calorie meals. That allows the eater to have more filling meals.

Just my 2 cents.