Replies

• nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Licorice tea!! It's ridiculously sweet
  • tdashnow
    tdashnow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Another tasty idea is mix Sugar Free Jello Pudding with Sugar Free Cool Whip, then freeze. Turns out like a frozen mousse.
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The Walden Farm dips etc sound lovely but I am in Scotland and it looks to be an American thing. If anyone knows of any UK suppliers please advise. For sweet stuff I would say sugar free jelly with sugar free dream topping which I think is the equivalent to jello & cool whip :happy:
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Another tasty idea is mix Sugar Free Jello Pudding with Sugar Free Cool Whip, then freeze. Turns out like a frozen mousse.

Now this sounds like a good idea. Do you just put all in one bowl initially or make them individually them mix?
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    When I'm trying to lower my carbs I eat cottage cheese with strawberries cut up in it with a few packages of Splenda added in. Very yummy!!! Also, a green salad with chicken, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, spinich, cracked black pepper, broccoli and some reduced fat ranch dressing is a good low carb choice. I love fish and it's so good for you!! Also, try some of the Atkins lo carb bars. They can help with a sugar craving. They have come a long way and taste really good. I love the chocolate coconut one....it tastes like an almond joy candy bar. The peanut granola bar one is delish as well as the oreo cookie type one. Sorry I can't remember the correct names of the bars. Go to Atkins.com and you can look around there to see different flavors. Most berries, and green vegetables are lower in carbs and nuts are a good choice and are a good fat to eat. Best of luck in your weight loss journey!!
  • sconns21
    sconns21 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The best thing to eat to feel full like you get with sugar is foods that are high in fibre such as bran flakes, brown bread, fruit and vegetables. Try ryvita with light cream cheese. When you have cut down on sugars for 3-7 days you will feel much better. It's hard for the first week but after that it eases. You might feel hungry for the first three days but then your body will adapt.
  • sconns21
    sconns21 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Also if your fruit salad was bought it will be full of syrup.