Feeling Sick and Tired. Anyone else?

Options
These past few days I have been feeling extremely fatigued and overtired. I get at least 7 or 8 hours of sleep every night, so that can't be the problem. I set up my calorie goal and everything, and it's saying that I need to be eating 1200 calories a day to achieve my weight loss goal. It's so hard. :( And these past few days, I have been feeling really nautious and drowsy. What should I do?

Replies

• thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Take a day off.
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    From looking at your diary, it seems you aren't eating enough calories - you are even under 1000 some days!

Why can't you reach 1200? If you ate less than that every day before you started MFP there would have been no reason to start this site in the first place - you would have never gotten overweight eating at that amount. So I know you can!

Try drinking calories - juice, even healthy juice, is not usually low on calories. Or just indulge. It's Valentine's Day after all. :)

When I eat too little and/or push myself too hard with exercise my body gets sick and tired too. It's its way of telling me to not push it so hard and to relax. Sometimes I eat at maintenance for a few days.

Also, you could adjust your goals. Mine's at .5lb a week. I started at 1.5lb/wk but that was too intense for me.
  • heatherrkayye
    Options
    I know. And the reason I'm overweight now is because I gained a LOT of weight during my pregnancy. 65 extra pounds. And my son is 6 months now, and it's still with me. That's why I'm trying to lose. I didn't eat right at all before I started MFP. I knew there were probably days where I went OVER 2000. I'm just trying to make a big adjustment.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your goals are set at, but 1200 calories seems rather low. If you are not even eating that much then you feel the way you do because you are simply not eating enough. With a baby to take care of your activity level would be at least lightly active, possibly active. Also, don't set your weight loss goal any higher than 1 pound per week and treat the calories it gives you as the goal you are to reach. If you don't get there, you have not done what you should. Finally, remember if you do any exercise beyond you normal daily activity, you need to log that and eat the calories it burns. I hope this helps.

Edit:

I just looked at your food diary. You must eat more. That is why you feel the way you do. The key to losing weight is a moderate deficit. You have way more than a moderate calorie deficit. You are basically starving yourself. Eat more. If you find that is difficult to do, stop eating the fat free stuff, add higher calorie density foods like avocado, nuts, meat, and cook with some olive oil.
  • m3g4nskyl3r
    Options
    OMW I am having the same exactly problem. I just want to sleep and feel like throwing up all the time, especially when I eat more than usual. Tummy spasms as well. HELP
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I took a day off diet yesterday cos I was about to give up even though I had done well and lost 3.5kg, today I feel motivated and ready to go again. Maybe take a day off.