NSV running my first 5k

Options
Yay, I have just completed my first 5k in 26min 46 sec, at age 39. I would have never thought I could have done this 3 months ago. Before then I had never run for any lenght, would always end up winded and with stitch, and always thought running was bad for your knees etc. I now love the challenge of running and still find every run I do hard, I probably still go too fast on most of my runs but I hope that this will become easier as time goes by.

I started the C25K program in Dec last year, to train for a 7k round the bays fun run here in Wellington which is on the 26 of Feb, and am now also planning on doing a 10k run in March, my goal is to do a half marathon sometime this year and to keep improving on my 5k times.

For all you non runners out there thinking about starting I can highly recommend it, it is a great achievement to go from non running to become a runner.

Replies

• marjoleinmc
    Options
    very well done, you really are very motivated. that is very good, i walked 7 kms today, plus walking to playgroup
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    very well done, you really are very motivated. that is very good, i walked 7 kms today, plus walking to playgroup

Thanks, you keep up the walking too.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yey well done!!!!, Ive done a 5k on a treadmill a few times but no where near your time LOL, Im training for a 10k in June done C25K as a non runner for over 35 years and will be moving to B210K soon I hope ( injured my knee)
  • pauline251
    pauline251 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome, keep it up!
  • mand1102
    Options
    That's awesome! I started the C25K program on the 9th January and am up to week 6 day 2. I am the same as you, never ran before, hated it, always out of breath. I am really enjoying the challenge and the change in my body since doing this is amazing. And I just turned 40 last week!!! I am looking forward to doing a few fun runs this year, bring it on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!