how many calories do you burn a week?

Options
I wanna set myself a goal but not sure how high to put it.

what you do each week and how many calories you burn?

Curious :)

Replies

• mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You have to determine your maintenance.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    You have to determine your maintenance.

I don't know what that means lol.
  • lizjames1971
    Options
    Between 4,000 & about 5,500.
  • vidDa1989
    vidDa1989 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It depends on how often do you exercise.
    I exercise 5 times a week (finals are now, so not that often) and my expected calorie burn is form 1000 to 2000 calories per training, that amounts to 5000-10 000 calories per week.
    Now it all depends. If you are doing volume/strength training you will burn less than with cardiovascular/endurance training.

What do I do? hmm. I work with kettle bells the most. With them the whole body works in almost all exercises. It gradually builds muscle and gives you endurance.
    When I'm not into them it's strength/volume training, mostly exercises based on my own body/weight like push-ups, chins, crunches, tire flipping etc...

So, as I said before. It all depends on what you want to do, and how often do you want to do it.

Hope it helped :)
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1700. Usually I get to about 2500
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    In the last week... 6263

It does depend on your maintenance calories and how many times a week and at what intensity you want to work out too. 2-3 times or 5-6? High intensity cardio or casual walking? :smile:
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    i aim for 3500 but last week was over 9000 lol imma try for 10000 this week
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I burn between 3000 to 4000 a week sometimes more depending on what workouts I do.
  • Trinketona
    Options
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Your exercise goal should first be set according to your fitness level. Be realistic, or you set yourself up for failure. If you start light you can always increase, which is great for the motivation. Having to decrease through aiming too high is not so great. I use a HRM (heart rate monitor) which measures calories burned amongst other things, as well as helping not to over-rev my ticker! HRM's are not expensive. I have been exercising and logging here sine Jan 2011, and built up steadily. My weekly average over the past four weeks is 7919. I aim to reach a burn of 1000 a day minimum - just a personal goal...

Good luck,

David
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I aim for 3500 (1 lb)
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    burn a week? 2200 a day including exercise :P

For exercise, maybe like 1000-1500 calories a week
  • chezmoss
    chezmoss Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    For the last 6 weeks my aim has been to do 20 hrs exercise a week, which includes a planned rest day, where I only do Pilates.
    My target has been to burn 7000 through exercise a mix of cycling, running, gym including running and cross trainer, weights, Pilates.
    Ive averaged 7028

I plan my programme a week ahead, based around my schedule.
    I find that as i'm new to running a long run takes it out of me. Energy wise as well as my muscles and joints! I'm a bit older than you!
    If my body tells me I need a rest, I take it.
  • MumOfGirlsOnly
    MumOfGirlsOnly Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 3500-6000 depends on how I feel on any day.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Much depends on your weight also, so other people's calculations won't necessarily work for you. For instance, I see from your ticker that you are 135; if you walked 90 min. @ 4.5 mph, like I do, you'd only burn 579 cals., whereas I would burn 919 because I'm 215 lbs.
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Aim 3,500 a week