competitve dieting???

Options
thinking of joining slimming world with my competitive friend tonight, wondering if its a good idea or not? She is a good friend but if i buy something then she always has to go one better. This can be frustrating lol. But do i use this to my advantage and become competitive too, so it will spur us both on? She has seen my dress for our end of season do and now wants something similar and to lose lots of weight before hand too. Thing is I dont mind my friend losing weight and buying a better dress as long as she is happy. But cant help having a little urge to compete back for once. I have very little money so this is something I can compete back on. What do u guys think?

Replies

• Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i started this off with a friend and we had a bet about who could reach goal first etc.

i utterly destroyed him and it just added a bit of fun to what can be a long boring process.
  • bosleysaf
    Options
    I am currently a memeber of slimming world, but I am finding that the weight is coming off me really slowly at the moment which I hate, hence the reason I have joined MFP!

My friend has currenlty lost 3 stone off SW (42lbs) and she look amazing, but she also goes with her friend and the bounce off each other which is good boost for her.

I think if you are interested then try it, they use a 'SYN' system which is based on low calories but everything is marked as syns so you will still have count your calories to ensure you stay in your guidelines every day!

Also keep in mind if you dont have alot to loose it wont come off quickly where is you do it will, try not to feel deflated about that!

Jo x :smile:
  • rachyjane83
    Options
    hey, i think you should go for it!!!!!! I agree that it helps to be competitive and it takes away the blues of dieting!!!!! i've started with my dad and we really go for it!!!!!!! It make you try harder as you want to win!! :)
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    me and my mum both go to scottish slimmers weight club and we use each other for motivation etc,
    there is a bit of friendly competiton etc but i reckon it helps, coz im more likley to stay focused thinking "my mum will lose and i will put on" kinda thing

anyway go for it, and kick her backside :) xxx
  • Hungry0hippo
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm signing up tonight with her. Will keep you updated xx
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of real life friends doing this weight loss thing with me. We make our competitions separate from the scale, like drinking the most water, doing the most sit ups in a week, doing the most minutes exercise. I think this way is better because we all have vastly different lifestyles and weight loss goals, and this way, if you lose slowly, you can still win other contests!
  • VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Whatever it takes, a bit of competition helps keeps motivation going. Ultimately you'll feel great the more you loose, so thats the most important thing.
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    I have a couple of real life friends doing this weight loss thing with me. We make our competitions separate from the scale, like drinking the most water, doing the most sit ups in a week, doing the most minutes exercise. I think this way is better because we all have vastly different lifestyles and weight loss goals, and this way, if you lose slowly, you can still win other contests!

I think this is a really good idea, that way you won't get demotivated as weight loss can be a really immotive issue between friends :smile: good luck :happy: