Is my weight goal wrong?

Options
Hello,

Just been having a nosy at other peoples profiles and been looking at their goals. Its left me a little worried.
My goal is to be 11st, I was 15.10st and am currently 12.12st. Still a long way to go but am wondering if I have even further to go.
I am a big build and 5'7. My wrist circumference is around 6 1/2 - 7 inches. Which I think is big. I was told when I was a child I had very large bones (no I am not using the 'I am big boned excuse') and always thought 11st would suit me.

I am currently a size 14 bottoms, 12 in some shops.

Help, feeling rather sad about it all now! :( Have I been disillusioned

Jaz xx

Replies

• HayleyMarieBeth
    Options
    Hi,
    You should weigh yourself in Boots on one of their machines I think it's 50p, this tells you your exact weight and height and BMI.
    It then tells your for your height and weight you should weigh between 2 certain weights to be at a comfortable weight, anything over is overweight lower is underweight.
    Don't get disheartened by it though as mine says between 8st and 11st, is ideal, if I was 8st I would look ill, and at 11st I'm chubby so go for the middle, my goal is 9st 12lb.
    I have been 10st and that is my happy weight with no fat.
    Don't look at other peoples goals, everyone is different shapes and heights and some have manual jobs and others sit as a desk.
    h
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    I think you should see how you look and feel when you get to 11st and then if you want to lose more you can. I know what I look at 150 and know I look good. It is on the upper end of my height BMI, but I think I will be happy there. When I get there if I'm not I'll do something to change it. That is the beauty of being able to change goals!
    Just see what happens when you get there.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. how do you feel?
    I am 5'7 with a 19cm wrist and I am aiming for 11st2 ish but I'll see how i feel Every pound I lose I feel happier about myself and last time i was 11st ish I felt good so thats where I am aiming.
    At the end of the day your goal weight is YOUR goal weight and its all about you.

Congratulations on your loss so far!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Just don't stress about the number - it's good to have numbers as goals but once you get to 11 just decide from there, do you feel happy and like the way you look, or would you like to lose another 7lbs and then see how you feel etc.
  • orchidsand
    Options
    You have to be happy for where you are right now, as you have come quite a distance. I know you have set a goal wgt for your wedding....keep working toward that, and then reevaluate. You have to set SMART goals. S=specific M=measurable A=attainable R=realistic T=timely. You can set several smaller goals and work toward each as it is much easier to feel like you are making progress. Keep going chick!!!!!!!!! We are all there for you!!!!
  • CharlotteLucy22
    Options
    I agree that you should re evaluate when you get to 11stone.

My friend always said she wanted to get to 10 stone but at 10 stone 7 she found that she loved it.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Don't look at someone else goal.

Me, I am 4'11'' (148cm) other girls my size usually have a goal of 95-105 pounds. Like you I am medium-big boned and my ultimate goal is 115 pounds. anything lower would leave me way too thin.

I say just evaluate every few pounds how you feel and look.

Good luck
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5"7 and have big bones,my wrist size is 7" I'm at 18st 3lbs at the moment and my original goal was 12 st 12lbs but after reading other goals and blogs I have changed it to 12st 2lb... this is still higher than most people but I have huge boobs (like 36k huge) and feel that these will still be an issue as they were big even as a child when the rest of me wasn't! my point is everyone is different and I guess we can chop and change the goal if needed... when I get out of the 13st mark I shall decide then where I want to be and so can you.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    It's all about frame personal preference. I'm 5'9". I'm *almost* happy when I'm at 150lbs. I'm going to try for 140 this time but if I reach a point where I think I look good naked, then I'll stop early. Keep it where you have it, adjust when you get there.