Need Banana Ideas

Options
After 35 years of being allergic to bananas, I dared try one while on vacation. Miracle of miracles, I am no longer allergic! I was always able to eat banana bread/muffins/etc., but have never in my life been able to eat raw banana. I am super excited that I can finally add this to my diet! So.... I am looking for your best banana ideas. So far I am loving the sliced banana on peanut butter toast, but that's pretty much all I've got. I'd love to hear how you all enjoy your raw bananas. Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I eat my banana all by itself b/c it is roughly 100 cals already. When I was younger, I used to slice them up and put in my cereals. You could add them to oatmeal. I have an awesome banana bread recipe but have not fixed it since joining MFP and trying to eat healthier. Good luck to you on your topic and glad you can finally eat bananas!
  • kimgrimsrud
    Options
    Green Smoothies

Number of servings 3

Apple Juice - 1 cup
    Lemon - 1/2 fruit seeded, leave peel on
    Pure Protein Plus - French Vanilla Protein Powder, 1 scoop
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium, frozen
    Raw Fresh Spinach, 1 cup
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 small
    Pineapple - 0.5 cup, frozen
    Blueberries - Frozen or fresh, unsweetened, 0.5 cup
    Strawberries - Frozen or fresh, unsweetened, 0.5 cup
    Non Fat Yogurt Plain, 0.5 cup

Mix all ingredients in blender and serve. Very Healthy! 209 calories per serving, 3 gms fat, 12 gms protein, and 38 gms carbs.
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I like to put Banana on my oatmeal with a little cinnamon.
  • AlliGM
    AlliGM Posts: 86
    Options
    Mashed up in Greek yogurt... yum!
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love banana shakes... I put 3-4 banana's with a handful of ice cubes, a cup of almond milk, and a teaspoon of syrup, and put it all in the blender.. Sometimes I will add my protein powder... YUMM! it will make about 3-4 cups worth of delicious banana smoothies
  • audreyscat
    audreyscat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi - I have not tried this one but am going to soon - freeze a banana, then blend it with cocoa powder - it's meant to taste like ice cream
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas here - thanks, everyone! :)
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Yonana! I have one and enjoy it. Kinda loud but I do like it.