I'm getting annoyed..

Options
I've posted about loads of things, asking advice on workout and stuff and hardly any replies to any of them.

They just get completely ignored.

Help please?

Replies

• Danpellizzari
    Options
    Like what?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It has been like that since the site changed the way the posts are listed on the newsfeed. The most popular posts are always at the top. Just keep bumping it. I find that sooner or later responses come in.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    What do you need help with?
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen to me as well. Try not to take it personally. With this site being so busy, if a comment isn't added to the post almost immediately after you've posted it, it quickly gets lost in the sea of threats.

Anything we can help with now?
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    well what i really want to do is divise my own workout plan that is tailored to me, also help on my diet.

I know your BMR has something to do with how many calories you should be eating but i don't quite get it so if someone could help with that then that would be great.

And also this is the workout i planned which i could do with some pointers on:

10 push ups
    60 seconds of jump rope
    20 chair dips
    60 seconds of butt kicks
    20 sit ups
    60 seconds of high kneed running on the spot
    15 pushups
    60 seconds of jumping jacks
    20 crunches
    60 seconds of lunges and bicep curls

and repeats as many times as i can before I die (odds are only twice lol) does this sound like it will do anything? I hope so lol

I just feel a little abandoned at the moment and i really wanna get it all fully organised so its as effective as possible :(
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    You can do the infamous 'bump' to get your topic to the top of the list again...maybe ppl aren't seeing it?

Is your subject title eye catching? You have to make ppl want to open it up and read it.

Also, I personally dislike opening a question to find a story. Most of the time I don't read them... I just don't have the time... Make sure your question is short and to the point.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    People are now posting to help you and being completely ignored... ironic.

never mind LOL
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    well what i really want to do is divise my own workout plan that is tailored to me, also help on my diet.

I know your BMR has something to do with how many calories you should be eating but i don't quite get it so if someone could help with that then that would be great.

10 push ups
    60 seconds of jump rope
    20 chair dips
    60 seconds of butt kicks
    20 sit ups
    15 pushups
    20 crunches

and repeats as many times as i can before I die (odds are only twice lol) does this sound like it will do anything? I hope so lol

I just feel a little abandoned at the moment and i really wanna get it all fully organised so its as effective as possible :(

Doesn't sound like a bad plan at all, but maybe a workout DVD will keep you more motivated? I know I have a hard time doing something if I'm not being lead by someone. I like Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred--it inforporates the strength, abs, and cardio like your plan, takes 20 minutes, and is $10 at Walmart. Good luck!
  • charmed_ski
    charmed_ski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi not sure what bmr is??

That workout looks great as you've got cardio mixed with toning, the only advice I can give is to mix it up as time goes on so you don't get bored ;-)
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a pretty good workout plan... I'm interested in the responses you get too! :)
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I would certainly use the search function of this site as there are many others seeking specific advice. Just to get different ideas.... I sometimes forget it is there too.....but performing the same routine will get you started, mixing it up will keep you both interested and not bored. Look for new ways of challenging your body and obtaining better results. It gets difficult and is confusing but you will get there.

Best of luck!!
  • jame_104
    jame_104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the BMR, I let MFP take care of all that for me. I just follow the calories. Sorry I can't help there.

However the workout you just need to play with it. Looks like it will get your heart pumping so it should . Get an HRM to see what you are burning and play with it. If it is going to work for you, the results will show. You can tweak it from there. IMHO :)
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Are you going to do just that workout routine? If so, I personally would add more cardio. As far as calories go, I have just been following what MFP says, making sure to update after any significant weight loss.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    If you want to friend me and ask me questions, I will try to help if I can. Don't know a whole lot about BMR, so not able to help there. Your workout plan sounds similar to the 1st level of Jillian Michaels 30ds. If you give it your all (really work it) and do it for at least 20 minutes a day and still stay within your calorie count, then you should see a difference. Also, what is your diary like. Would you be interested in allowing me to see it? Eating a healthy/well-balanced diet and not doing fad diets is the best way.
  • charrn66
    Options

10 push ups
    60 seconds of jump rope
    20 chair dips
    60 seconds of butt kicks
    20 sit ups
    15 pushups
    20 crunches

Doesn't sound like a bad plan at all, but maybe a workout DVD will keep you more motivated? I know I have a hard time doing something if I'm not being lead by someone. I like Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred--it inforporates the strength, abs, and cardio like your plan, takes 20 minutes, and is $10 at Walmart. Good luck!

I second the idea of a work out DVD. If you want to focus on your legs, thighs, and behind Elements: Ballet is great. If it is core you want Elements: Pilates for weight loss is not bad either. I need the motivation as well. Best of luck!
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I agree - the 30 Day Shred is amazing and incorporates quite a few of the things you have listed in your plan. When you're about to give up Jillian gives you more motivation so give it a go and let us know how you get on!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

10 push ups
    60 seconds of jump rope
    20 chair dips
    60 seconds of butt kicks
    20 sit ups
    15 pushups
    20 crunches

Your exercise plan sounds like a pretty adequate circuit training routine. You will definitely see results if you work hard at it - no rests for at least 20 minutes each day. As for BMR / calories / all that stuff, that's what mfp is for.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've had a similar problem...several times!!!:mad:
  • Danpellizzari
    Options

10 push ups
    60 seconds of jump rope
    20 chair dips
    60 seconds of butt kicks
    20 sit ups
    15 pushups
    20 crunches

The work out looks good but I would reduce your jump roping to 30 seconds so you aren't as fatigued. Then you can increase the repetition. Also you have Upper body back to back. Consider starting at the top and working down or doing a push/pull. So push ups the pull ups or bent over row. Then go to core abs then a lower back. Then do arms/shoulders front and back. Then move to legs. This gives each part adequate "rest" while you cardio and change body parts. Your heart rate will stay up and you will be able to do more.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS before and I didn't really enjoy it that much so I stopped doing it.. which is why I've made my own.

Its technical advice I'm after.. am I working the right amount of muscle groups etc.. I don't know.

And as for the BMR thing, from what I've seen on other peoples posts I think quite often MFP actually gives you less calories then you need therefore you end up hitting starvation mode easier.

And no its not just this, I'm also speed walking about 2/3 miles a week and trying to jog a mile a week, going to a toning suite (which works on resistance training) about 3/4 times a week and also swimming for about half an hour once or twice a week.

I just want that little bit more really.