2 Cheat Days In A Row!

Options
Sometimes I feel like a huge failure, especially right now. I can't even go two weeks eating healthy and sticking to exercising. I'm in college and it's really hard sometimes to turn down food, it's hard to healthy with college food and Taco Bell and Pizza Hut on my meal plan card. I've dropped 6 pounds and that was awesome, but I have so much more to drop and sometimes feel I just don't have the will power to do it... I guess I must get back on track and try to do better tomorrow. :frown:

Replies

• DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like a huge failure, especially right now. I can't even go two weeks eating healthy and sticking to exercising. I'm in college and it's really hard sometimes to turn down food, it's hard to healthy with college food and Taco Bell and Pizza Hut on my meal plan card. I've dropped 6 pounds and that was awesome, but I have so much more to drop and sometimes feel I just don't have the will power to do it... I guess I must get back on track and try to do better tomorrow. :frown:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell has some decent food with their fresco menu. You just need to eat smart and I'd avoid Pizza Hurt.

When I as in college, I found solace in knowing that I can eat healthy by making the right choices at restaurants like McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Wendy's.

Just go online and look at their nutritional menus. Just because you have fast food doesn't mean you're doomed.

http://www.tacobell.com/fresco/
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    Thanks, I'm going to have to look up the facts. I do know that the Veggie Pizza at Pizza Hut isn't horribly bad which is kinda cool. : )

I'll get myself back on track tomorrow and back to melting those pounds away!
  • jross3280
    Options
    :heart: can you keep apples or some other fresh fruit in you dorm room. you could grap a healthy snack and they are pretty filling. you are so young (im assuming, you are in college after all). i am over 40 and my metabolizm is so much slower now. i found that crunching on something sometimes helps the craving. raw carrots are very crunchy and make you feel full with a glass of water.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    Thank you. I do munch on veggies and fruits and try to eat as healthy as possible, but sometimes I just fall in and like right now feel like I can't get out! :brokenheart:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I SOOO feel your pain. I just re-started my healthy eating after a serious 4 day slump full of pizza, McFlurries, and carefree eating. I literally ate a McFlurry a day for 3 days. Ice cream is my ultimate weakness and I love those things, but I try to remind myself they are about 600 calories each!!!

But check this out... I didn't gain a pound. Incredibly unbelievable. I was sure I put on atleast 3-4 pounds. I didn't, but I did feel like crap all weekend. Not just emotionally cause I totally cheated myself, but physcially as well. I felt sluggish, foggy, and just tired. I know it was because of my bad diet choices.

Anywho, despite my frequent "slumps", I don't give up, I keep going. I know how much it sucks living in a dorm like situation. I lived in military barracks for about 3 years and we had much the same issue. Army mess hall food was crap, and if you wanted to eat healthily you were basically forced to buy your own food and figure out some way to store it in your barracks room. We had a teeny tiny fridge. So alot of girls bought fruit and healthy granola bars to snack on as well as simple stuff to make salads. Tuna was a staple meat choice... so much so that I am sick of tuna now LOL.

I'm also a college student now, although I have my own apartment, I am a commuter student and am sometimes on campus ALL day long. It's too much of a pain to go back to my apartment between classes (long commute), so I try to bring healthy stuff with me. I keep healthy soup in a thermos (progresso and healthy choice makes some pretty good low calorie soups), and bring fruit, tropical trail mix, or I make sandwichs with whole grain bread, mustard, tomatoes, and low cal sliced deli meat. These are pretty much my staple foods. I eat oatmeal or fiber one honey cluster cereal for breakfast with a banana. I've lost about 10 pounds since the beginning of the year. I'd say on average about half the week I am really good about watching my calories... but usually by thursday I get sick of counting that I stop... until Mon rolls around and I start back up again LOL.

Okay, this post is getting insanely long so... don't give up. EVERYONE has slumps. Just try and figure out what motivates you, even if you have to change your motivations everyonce in a while to keep things fresh, don't give up. Look at all the millions of people that have lost weight! That's one of the things I think of when I feel like giving up. If they can do it... so can we!!!!
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    Thank you. I appreciate the ideas and advice. It means a lot to have everyones love and support. I'm back on track today and have a feeling I'll stick to it... :smile:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    We all slip now and then. This Friday was my husband's B-day so we went out to dinner, and Yesterday I was at the Nascar Race in Martinsville VA...needless to say yesterday was a cheat day also. I'm glad it was freezing out, otherwise it would have been much worse!

does shivering count as excercise?