KINDA SORTA A NEWBIE.....IN NEED OF HELP n SUPPORT

Options
HELLO ALL ....LET ME GET TO THE POINT I'M STRUGGLING ..... I'M NOT UNDERSTANDING WHY IS IT THAT I'M NOT DROPPING LBS I GO TO THE GYM ,I DO HOME EXERCISES VIA COMCAST SPORTS AND FITNESS CHANNELS, I DO MY BEST AND COUNT MY CALORIES I'M REALLY STARTING TO GE DISCOURAGED AND KINDA DEPRESSED . I'VE TWEAKED WHAT I'M EATING AND DRINKING ...IDK! I'M
I'M AT AN LOST...IN NEED OF FRIENDS FOR HELP,SUPPORT AND SUGGESTIONS ....ALSO IF THERE IS ANYBODY THAT HAS GONE THRU WLS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HIT ME UP . THANX IN ADVANCE TO ALL OF YOU AND PLEASE CONTINUE TO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER .

PEACE~STAZII

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you are not eating enough? I know it sounds odd, but it really does happen.
    How hard to you typically work out? Perhaps you're not burning as much as you think, or burning more than you think?
    Are you 100% honest with your diary, logging every thing that passes through your lips? Including what you drink?
    I'm sending you a friend request!
  • SERinDC
    SERinDC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Don't let the scale get you down. If you're exercising a lot, make sure you stay within your calorie limit and take some measurements of your body-- muscle weighs more than fat. I've literally only lost 3 pounds, but my pants that used to be snug are falling down and require a belt. Keep on doing what you're doing-- weight loss and getting in shape is never a linear process!
  • bosleysaf
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, I am new as well and in need of support we can help each other.

Dont get down hearted, maybe change things up a bit, do different excersies check other peoples diarys and see what they are eating every day to get ideas for yourself.

X
  • dandan1974
    Options
    I agree with the first response. I was SO motivated by the scale, I wasn't eating enough. Count your calories (this website is an awesome resource), BUT make sure you're getting enough food. I've been told that you should eat 5-6 small meals a day, at about 150-300 calories per (depending on your goal). I usually have a piece of fruit after waking, then wait a bit for breakfast (eggs or oatmeal with nuts and fruit), small snack, a salad and protein for lunch, small snack, and protein and steamed veggies for dinner. Track your food, everything that goes through your lips can appear on your hips :)

Also, get enough sleep (8 hours) AND up your water. I struggled with this. But now drinking 12 glasses per day feels normal and GREAT.

Feel free to send me a friend request!
  • nshannon14
    nshannon14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free (anyone) to add me as well. What kinds of workouts are you doing. I find some times my body gets used to the same types of workouts if I consistently do the over and over again. Even varying the types of cardio that you do can be beneficial. In my example I got stuck at one point, but the only cardio I was doing was the elliptical. When I started mixing in running, biking and circuit training it made a huge difference.
  • mrsffcruzer
    Options
    Have you had a full blood workup? sounds like maybe a thyroid issue...