HEYYYYY YOUUUUU GUYSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Options
Hi everyone,

Well I'm new to MFP and looking for more friends.

In a nutshell, I used to be fit...I met a fella...I got fat!

However, I got engaged on Valentines Day so that's motivated me to get my act together. Aside from all that boring love stuff (don't worry I'm not a soppy git or a bridezilla and wont go on about it again)

I had surgery 6 weeks ago for a slipped disc and have subsequently spent a couple of weeks lying flat and doing chuff all. I'm now 164lbs and would like to be down to 133lbs. My physio has recommended strengthening my core and my improving my overall fitness and maintaining it for THE REST OF MY LIFE...uuuhhhhhhhh no! So here I am. I'm back at work on the 17th Feb and will need all the encouragement I can get to keep up with my exercise. I do long hours in a physical job were I don't get a meal break so it's an MFP nightmare. I need people to help keep me on track.

I'm female, 30yrs, 5'4 and from the North West UK. I'm happy to have a real mix of friends from all over the place so get in touch, especially if there's anything here you can relate to.

CIAO peeps :happy:

Replies

• Chuckington
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. OH stepped on the scales the other day and he only weighs 1lb more than me...MORTIFIED. He's a good 5 inches taller than me too.

See, this just goes to show I NEED HELP, I NEED HELP, I NEED HELP.

I can not be the same weight as him...it's just not right. (Especially when he's a cop too, uhhhhhhh no)
  • fluffy1980
    fluffy1980 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hiya

More then happy to be friends :)
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options

In a nutshell, I used to be fit...I met a fella...I got fat!

happens to us all :laugh:

feel free to friend me x
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. OH stepped on the scales the other day and he only weighs 1lb more than me...MORTIFIED. He's a good 5 inches taller than me too.

See, this just goes to show I NEED HELP, I NEED HELP, I NEED HELP.

I can not be the same weight as him...it's just not right. (Especially when he's a cop too, uhhhhhhh no)

I know the feeling love! :wink: my OH is a foot taller than me and weighs only a stone heavier. :blushing:
  • Tudrase
    Options
    Hey :-D congrats on your engagement!! Slipped disc sounds nasty ;-o Hope you can reach your goals with help from this site.
  • sunshinepointe
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement - I'm jealous!

I know what you mean about your boyfriend weighing just a little more - I always said when I was heavier I wanted to weight less than him. So I lost the weight and then we moved in together and I gained it all right back, no fault of his!

So the other day we weighed and we are about the same weight once again - disgusting for me! SO I'm here trying to get back to my former self. If you want a buddy just friend me!
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Your comment re: your fiance weighing only 1lb more than you made me laugh... I sort of relate - When my husband is here, our meals are always the same size however I regularly finish my plate, easily, and my husband who is considerably taller, and bigger build, than me eats only 2/3rds of whats on his plate!!! Seriously... I'm shocked I am not twice the size I am! But I figure I've been lucky so far and now I regularly break my own record for new heaviest weight... it has to stop now! :(
  • Chuckington
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it's great to meet you all.

Peta22 that's just me you've described. Maybe that's the answer to all my problems, don't eat the same MAN SIZE portions. I do though and I always finish my plate first. :blushing:

It's a shame there's not a smiley for 'mortified' I think it would be used the most!
  • ctsmith
    ctsmith Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations feel free to add me!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hiya from Miami! Congratulations on your engagement! That's such a blessing! Please feel free to add me, too! Looking forward to chatting with you and exchanging ideals! Talk to you soon! :-)
  • phoebenaiman
    phoebenaiman Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement!!!!

Feel free to add me! I just started too and would love to have some friends on here! I'm in a very similar situation to you. I've packed on the pounds since I started dating my boyfriend and I'm looking to get back to being healthy.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My cop husband weighs less than me too!! We should have a support group! LOL
  • jdancer369
    Options
    Congrats! I know what you mean. I can wear the same size as my husband and he is even a little over weight :sad: I just started yesterday, would love to be friends! There is definitely strength in numbers!!
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement.

good luck to you
  • fancycat37
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I joined beginning of Jan and ideally (according to my GP) need to lose around 20 kg, or 44lb if you prefer. Have only lost 6lb so far, but inches seem to be disappearing quicker as clothes feel more comfortable. Hope you get to your target. I will send of a friend request to you, so you can add me if you wish.
  • dlee1234
    dlee1234 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hi im 166lbs want to get down to 130 too i started november but gave up i didnt use the site as it should be and since talking to people on here am doing much better i re started jan after putting on the weight i had lost last year bck on and although its slow its steady and staying off which is what we all want!

Im from north wales and am a psychi nurse who doesnt always get a break and does 12hr shifts so i feel your pain on the knowing what to eat bit. i got some great advice on this site as i was struggling at first few pounds on, then off then on again and was told to plan my weeks meals snacks etc, i always have porridge and fruit in the morning the oats so simple are great. i also make pittas with low cal fillings ( ham, chicken salad) cut in sections that i can just pick up through the day plus loads of fruit.i have lots of tins of healthy soup in my locker in work and marks and spencer do snack packs under 100 cals such as pop corn dried fruit even the odd chocolate treat but i try not to rely on them too much. i also do an omlette the night before filled with whatever veggies ham low fat cheese etc cool it cut it and have it in work ( if you like cold omlette i do ) just a few ideas hope it helps feel free to add me good luck!
  • worej
    worej Posts: 108
    Options
    I've definitely started to eat worse, and more, since I started seeing my man several months ago. So far the fallout hasn't been too bad, but it's challenging! He really loves to cook, and he's a master cocktail mixer, too. Tough to say no to some of the delicious things he makes. :)
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement. Welcome to MFP!
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I used to be fat. Got Fit. Met a girl. Got fat, again. Met a new girl about 9 months ago. She has the most beautiful smile and a perfect face. Now I need all the support I can get to get back into shape so I can kick the *kitten* of any and every little boy that comes near my little girl.
  • Chuckington
    Options
    Onemoodycuss, hahaha, awesome let's rocks this.

Everybody, thanks for getting in touch. Let's all release that inner skimpy dude...who sadly got deep fried, dipped in sauce and consumed!