snack suggestions needed

Options
Hi there,
I'm looking for a few suggestions for snacks.
I do love veg but am not a fan of fruit.
Just looking for new suggestions that don't take too much time and
are low on the calorie count.
Many thanks in advance
Nicola

Replies

• lizzytish4KW
    Options
    I have found Planter's makes great 100-calorie bags of nuts - some mixed, some a single kind. They are actually prettty good at filling that little snack nag in the afternoon. And it doesn't give you the crash of something sweet. If you like nuts, the whole roasted almonds are excellent for you, and as long as you portion control them, they're no-guilt. My husband likes canned fish (tuna, sardines, etc.) for an afternoon snack; it's not for everyone, but the calories are low, lots of Omegas, and they really fill you for a while.
  • aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Snack factory pretzel crisps with a wedge of laghing cow cheese or 2 T Hummas. Stacys Pita chips are good with the above also-Just keep the portions under control. I just had the laughing cow garlic and herb wedge with 5 Pretzel crips and its 90 calories.

Suggestion is to try organic fruit vs the stuff that is picked to early and sent to the grocery chains and or try it when you can get it fresh. The stuff in the grocery story is flavorless but an apple from an orchard or blueberries or strawberries right off the tree. plant-Wow. The other thing is try fruit with other things. Apple with T of Peanut Butter, Berries in a smoothie or in oats. There are soooo many health benefits from fruit.
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I was looking for
    Thanks very much guys.
    That's a great website and I'll def be
    stocking up on some nuts.
    I know I should be going for fruit but
    will be going for chopped carrots instead.
    Nicola
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    mozz string cheese, a yogurt, kashi bar, 1 serving almonds, I know you dont like fruit, i dont either cuz i have to rely on it being in season and a fruit doesn't always do it for me, try a smoothie. there are alot of recipes out there. you can look at my recipe in my foods. its easy. Patty
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Some of my faves: Carrots & hummus, Greek yogurt & hemp hearts, apple slices and peanut butter, rice cakes w/ either a cheese slice or some type of nut butter, low sodium pretzels, cut up veggies & dip (I pre-make a container of dip using greek yogurt & then just eat it throughout the week), hard boiled eggs, larabars, tuna and crackers, pita thins & hummus, home-made granola, small amounts of nuts, cottage cheese & pineapple. That's all I can think of right now, hope you see a few things that you like!
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I love my pickles and olives. Pickles help with the crunchy crave, and black or green olives are good in small doses. Can't really bing on olives so its a great snack and they taste yummy. I know it's not for everyone but I love them.
  • MariarR33
    Options
    I have Kashi Go Lean Bars, Nuts, a Mozzerella stick, cottage cheese, Triscuits, Greek Yogurt (Plain with cinnamon or honey, if you don't like fruit), air popped popcorn. Anything that's going to keep you less than 200 calories is pretty good. Just watch the portion control.
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Oh! Popcorn, I never thought of that. I even have some in the house ;-)
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    One of my faves is a Thomas bagel thin with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. Quite filling.
  • barrielinda
    Options
    Rice cakes plain or yoghurt topped
    ryvita & marmite mmmmm
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    frozen peas and corn straight from the freezer strange but surprisingly nice
    celery sticks with a smear of cream cheese/ hummus/ nut butter/
    oatcakes and hummus
    guacamole and crackers (+smoked salmon)
    yogurt with crushed nuts/ honey