Tired a lot and need sugestions

Options
This whole week I seem to be real tired especially in the mornings. I been on my diet with MFP for almost two weeks and have been doing the P90X workouts every day since. I am getting my usual 7 to 8 hours of sleep at night and maybe a little more on the weekends. My question is could it be in my diet, am I not getting enough or too much of something or do I just need to try to get some more rest? My diary is open any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    More balanced diet (Fresh whole real foods)?
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Take a day off and see how you feel. I know on P90x Sunday can be a rest day, go ahead and take it.
  • nay1228
    nay1228 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Are you following the P90x nutrition guide? Make sure you are getting all your requirements and calories in.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a nutritional gap to me. Not eating enough can cause fatigue and make you feel like you're coming down with something! Make sure to keep your meals balanced, but try adding a bit more food, and see how you feel. I'm going to check your diary to see if I have any further suggestions.
  • ImaSongbird
    ImaSongbird Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You've just started a major lifestyle change - you should expect to feel tired!! Your body may need more sleep since you've just started dieting AND intense exercise. Listen to your body. If it's sleepy, put it to bed. If it's hungry, feed it.
  • lizard053
    Options
    Cut back on all the prepackaged, processed foods. The extra chemicals found in them can be what's causing your body to feel so tired. A lot of the preservatives and stabilizers in those foods in high enough quatinties can be toxic to your system. Causing your liver and kidneys to work overtime, and hence, the fatigue. More fresh foods. Fruits and vegetables (from fresh or frozen, not canned), unprocessed meats (yeah, like steak and chicken breast), and possibly more water (especially during exercise).
    Hope this helps!
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I try to eliminate the process foods in my diet and do my best to get a little more sleep.
  • lizard053
    Options
    Sounds like a plan!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Follow the nutrtion guide but i would recommend going to level 3 (3000 calories). That might help. Also level out your. Srbs to around 40%. Many days you are well above that and at some point carbs can make you lethagic. For a point of reference, i am 3000 lbs and 5'11" @ 12% body fat and i eat 2800-3000 calories doing p90x2.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Up your protien and iron intake and maybe add a multivitamin, you usually really start noticing more enrgy from working out after about 12 weeks..

http://www.mckinley.illinois.edu/handouts/dietary_sources_iron.html
  • jsdean87
    jsdean87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    PX90 is tough. I did something similar and eating a sm. bowl (smaller than a cereal bowl) of pasta (ie. penne, spinach, turkey meatballs/quatered diced tomatoes and some marinara) about a half hour before working out helped me feel like a champ! I think it was the combination of carbs and some protein. Remember to eat ENOUGH because that is a demanding workout! Good luck!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    1. Eat clean
    2. Meet your calorie goals, don't fall below them
    3. Set your goals to lose 1lb/week unless otherwise advised by a doctor
    4. Log every bite--if you are tasting during cooking chew gum or just log each taste.
    5. Keep your routine varied, try something new: Zumba, martial arts, body combat, Tai Chi, power yoga...keep your body confused and your mind from getting bored.

I reached my goals in September. I also read Everyday Food magazine (makes it easier to log--nutrition info included), www.dailygarnish.com, and Whole Living Magazine. You can get free recipes on all of their websites.
  • usc2626
    Options
    Yea I struggle with the carbs going over and at the same time trying to get my protien up.
  • usc2626
    Options
    My goals is set at .5 lb loss per week now. I also use a fitbit during the day and really think it over calculates the extra calories needed. I use a HRM during my workouts and I do try to eat those calories back.
  • amyallenstockwell
    amyallenstockwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Do you tend to be anemic?
    All the exercise can definately tap out your iron levels and make you tired. You may need to take additional iron before you go to bed (Iron can upset your stomach- if you take end of day you will have the most chance of taking it when your stomach is not empty and if you do get nauseous, you will be asleep).

Listen to your body. All the exercise is probably doing it. Especially if you weren't very active before. Get naps on the weekend. Go to bed early if you can. Drink plenty of fluids.
  • usc2626
    Options
    Amy what would be a good vitamin or multi-vitamin for me to get?
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    Have you tried doing the "custom" setting on your protein?? Many,many people on MFP say that the protein levels that are set as the "default" amounts are waaay too low. I listened to them and increased my protein...I feel a whole lot more energetic now plus I stay full longer AND I feel like my body recovers much faster from my workouts.

I think you need to try to increase your protein. Just for an idea, it has been suggested to me that you should eat 1g of protein per evry pund of your GOAL weight to achieve your desired fit and firm body. I average about 105-109g of protein a day...still trying to get those extra 20g in each day. Eating thatmuch protein is tough.
    It's worth a shot.
  • atleast20
    atleast20 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The problem may be allergy fatigue. If you suffer from allergies , it is very common to be tired if your allergies are not being treated
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Amy what would be a good vitamin or multi-vitamin for me to get?

I recommend Wellman from Vitabiotics, but just do some research. Hard to say as you live in the US (I think).