Walking Shoe/Cross Trainer

Options
Hi All,
Hoping someone can take a minute to answer my question.

I need to get a walking shoe that I can use for walking and Turbo Jam (kickboxing style cardio) that is comfortable, supportive and not crazy expensive. (not asking for much... am i? :happy: )
Does anyone out there have any recommendations?
I've never worked out enough to really need a good shoe but .... I do now, yea!:drinker:

Any help would be appreciated and thanks

Janet:heart:

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Well a good shoe is something you might want to consider spending a little more on, you can go to a running store (they have walking shoes too) and they can help you decide by fitting you and such. I'm not a walker but I do run and I think that brooks are great, also mizuno, asics, and sacrony. These can run at about 100 dollars though. If you are on a tighter budget than maybe try to find something on sale at a sporting good store, just make sure you have enough room and stability, you shouldn't have to break them in very much, hope this helped!

~Leash :heart:
  • morgie215
    morgie215 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A good way to get an expensive shoe for far less is to go to a sporting / shoe store and find a brand and style that works for your foot. BUT instead of buying the shoe there just take the band/style and size and look for it on line. I just bought a pair of $120 new balance sneakers on ebay for $54.00 INCLUDING shipping. It is a little more work but if you are on a budget (like me) it is worth the extra effort....
  • morgie215
    morgie215 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BTW ~ WOW!! You are doing fantastic on you weight loss results!! You are an inspiration!:smile:
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I live by Brooks shoes. I've always had problems with plantar faciitis and general foot pain, which I'm sure comes from me being overweight. Ever since I've been wearing Brooks (4 yrs now) I haven't had any foot pain, until it's time to replace the shoes. When my feet start hurting a lot, I know it's time for new shoes, which is usually about every year to year and a half. I wasn't as active then, so I'm sure I might need to replace them sooner since I'm working out twice a day now. I pay $106 incl tax, for them but it is so worth the money when you can comfortably go about your daily activities with no pain.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    For Aerobics/walking I have a saucony Womens 15000. It has great support a bit of cushion. I think it is great and it cost me about $45 at Footlocker. For running I do go out and spend $100+ on shoes but for aerobics I just find something that is comfortable.

Good Luck at finding the right shoe. :smile:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everybody for all of the suggestions!
    I am going to go to an atheletic store and give some of these a try and see what works for me!

I appreciate all of the advice ~ Stay the course!

Janet:heart:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    BUMP