Any texans out there?

Options

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Waskom here!! Oooo TexMex!! Anytime I hear Mexican music, my mouth waters!! LOL!! And I loooove some good BBQ! :heart: Texas!!
  • Pporter26
    Pporter26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Austin and Chuy's is my downfall..... (or used to be!)
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    For those of you in the DFW area....What in the world can I pick off the La Hacienda menu that is healthy? Hubby is taking me tomorrow for a late V-day lunch while our kids are in school and I can already hear the sour cream enchiladas calling my name :P
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Houston here! Chuy's, Pappasito's, Cafe Adobe, Los Cucos, Gringo's, Tila's, El Tiempo, Molina's... :heart:
  • Cicicat0620
    Options
    Fort Worth/Keller area here. I am originally from New Orleans and miss that food but have been in TX for 19yrs now.
    You can add me as friends if you like. Nice to meet fellow Neighbors... Good Luck everyone.
  • tmlandis
    tmlandis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    West Central Texas here. BBQ is a food group and a YUMMY one! I'm going to Austin this weekend for the Livestrong Half Marathon and I'm planning a BBQ binge for after the run. Soooo bad, yet soooo good. Feel free to add me as a friend I need all the support I can get!
  • birdieintx
    Options
    Austin! Lots of good food in this city!
  • txnena
    Options
    North DFW here :) Great, now I feel like having Tex-Mex (Ojeda's) for lunch! :laugh:
  • LadyBuell
    Options
    Austin and Chuy's is my downfall..... (or used to be!)
    Oh God, I hear you about Chuy's. I LOVE their creamy jalapeno ranch. And Baby A's purple margaritas. So nice to see a lot of people from my area. I live in the Austin area too.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    For those of you in the DFW area....What in the world can I pick off the La Hacienda menu that is healthy? Hubby is taking me tomorrow for a late V-day lunch while our kids are in school and I can already hear the sour cream enchiladas calling my name :P

Chicken Light™
    Grilled chicken breast, rice, grilled vegetables,
    pico & salad.

Fajita Lites™
    Steak or chicken fajitas combined with
    seasoned grilled veggies.

Spinach Quesadillas Lite
    Made with fresh spinach, poblano pepper and mushrooms. Easy on the cheese.
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Dallas Area as well! I LOVE my Texas! :) Feel free to add me!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Live in NY now, but I was born in Amarillo
  • RJSuperMan
    RJSuperMan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Raised in the Great Republic of Texas....Forced to live in the snake-filled Beltway.
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes I am :)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    gradutated from Abilene Christian University and spent almost 10 years there in the key city covering sports. I do miss that cue. betty rose's for a nice chopped brisket sandwich for lunch (and banana pudding for desert!), joe allen's for a fantastic steak/bbq/catfish dinner and, when I could afford it, perini's in buffalo gap may be the best steak I've ever had.

and I can't fail to mention the hard eight in stephenville. love, love, love the whole setup of that place.
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    North Texas, Denton!
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm from the DFW area. 100% Texan born & raised! I pray that I never have to live any where else. Texas has everything. Add me if you are in the DFW area, I've been hoping to make friends who are on a similar path in health and fitness.

And whoever mentioned Chuy's.... they are my absolute fav! Mmmm creamy jalapeno dip... I like to put it in the fridge over night so that its extra spicy the next day :wink:
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Um yeah
    Looks like I need to move to TX!!! :wink:
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Born and raised it the great State of Texas... BBQ and sweet tea are my downfall!!!! :drinker:
  • 08kingranch
    Options
    Amarillo!